Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jsrtist

My 100 Gallon Updated

I havent posted pictures of my 100 gallon in a really long time! Its the only goldfish tank I have going right now. I have lost all of my fancies this year, and at the moment I have 9 shubunkins and one common in there now. (All but one of them were rescued feeders from the tank at work!)

2befree very generously gave me my new Penguin 330, which has really been clearing up my water. I also have an Emperor and a canister on there. I redecorated it yesterday with driftwood and fake plants. How does it look? :)

100g11ml.jpg

100g22ec.jpg

This is Merle, my big blue and black shubunkin:

merle3mh.jpg

It looks beautiful!! :heart I love the color of your stand too. They all look healthy and happy in there, Looks GREAT.

Whats the yellow and white dude in there? Is he a Shubunkin also? Really cute!! :)

Thank you! The 100 gallon was a present to myself the first year I worked at the store. :D

The yellow and white guy is actually a shubunkin with very little color. He is actually nacreous with some metallic scales. On his side right by his tail, he is pink, where you can see through his skin. I kind of call him "New Right?" in memory of Right? my white comet.

Another interesting thing, I think 9 out of 10 of these guys are all males! There are only one or two Im not totally sure about. Isnt that odd? Most of the goldies Ive had have been males. :)

Very cool!!! And what a cool pressie for yourself!! Lucky Dog.. :)

They all look wonderful, It was just that yellow guy struck my fancy for some reason. :heart

:D js,the tank's looking good!As for Merle,he may be my favorite so far.I like all the Black/blue/White in him.Believe it or not,Orange is not one of my favorite color's. :rolleyes: I know, Goldfish addict that doesn't like the color Orange??? Go figure!!! :rofl

Thanks! :D I actually dont like orange goldies all that much either. My favorite colors are red and white and, surprise, surprise, CALICO! :D

U have some truly wonderful single-tailed fish there!

Btw what happened to all ur other fancies?

WOW WOW WOW. I love the tank!!! You did a wonderful job with it!! :exactly

Thank you! Yes, 10 fish in a 100 gallon do make the tank very small. I moved the 3 largest out to the pond at my parents house. I really dont go by the 10 gallon/fish rule anymore. It is not enough space.

I lost my ranchu suddenly for no apparent reason, and the same thing happend with my pearlscale. I ended up euthanizing my ryukin and oranda because of severe flipover. I tried to treat them both but the ryukin had a huge tumor on his side that just kept growing and they both ended up with dropsy. It was very miserable to see them that way so I put them down. My little tripod tail common also died suddenly.

It was very sad because I loved my fancies so much. I ended up getting all these shubunkins with the plan to eventually move them outdoors (because 100 gallons is not big enough for them). When I do that then I think I'll get a few more fancies. :heart

Wow your fishes are so big it makes the tank look small. wow!

Very nice tank!! I love the "decor".

Thanks for sharing!

Wow, your tank is awesome. You did such a great job decorating it. Your fish are all so pretty, but I really love the yellow one. :heart

Wow, your tank is definately gorgeous. :druel

Just beautiful, and your fish are so lovely...gah!! I'm jealous!! :lol

WOW! Your tank looks simply amazing!! Im sorry to hear about the losses of all your fancies. An almost all shubunkin tank looks really great tho. :)

Beautiful tank!

Those fish make the tank look like a 55 gallon 0_o

lol

So awesome. My dream tank!

Your tank and fish are so beautiful!! That one fish has such a long tail! I love shubunkins and comets =o) I have 2 shubunkins and one white commet but they are small fish, not big like yours!

Jessica

Your tank looks awesome!!!WOW!Your fish are gorgeous too :D

Wow a 100 gal. tank. One day that will be me. :fishtank:

You did a wonderful job decorating it. and your fish look very strong and healthy. :thumb: Hopefully these guys will grow even bigger and stronger for you and have many years with them.

Congrats!!! Keep up the good work.