Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Helllllo Everybody!

Hi all, I've not written in a long time =o(

Back in the spring some weird *disease* swept through my tanks, it was aweful :cry1 All my parameters checked out, and nothing I did would fix my fish, I think it was some sort of bacterial infection. Not even metromeds helped. Some of you *oldies* may remember that.

And Whitie Snowflake died on Mothers Day...ugh. I did not care for goldfish so much anymore........ I pretty much neglected them after that I am sad to say.

I only have 4 tanks now and not so many fish left. :blink:

I still have Shy Starlight who is the first non bowl fish we ever bought way back when, so we're doing good there :lol: Little Blackie and my two weather loaches. And then I still have Lovely (calico fantail who I think is actually a ryukin), who is humungous now, and I still have Gretal the calico oranda who never grew a wen and I think is really a fantail.

I still have my shubunkins and a common that I rescued from being turtle food and that's it. So sad! Oh and Ping the white Koi is still alive and well.

I would like to purchase a few more fancy goldfish, but all the fish around here suck. Seriously! It's hard to find a fish that is even 2" big, and when they do have bigger fish in the city, they all look like crap (can I say that here?) with frayed fins and just not healthy looking in general. And I am not going to pay $30 for some 4" petstore fish, unless it looks half way decent!! So yeah, that is my fish life lately in a nutshell.

Besides that I've been busy with kids, dogs, and horses ;o)

I just wanted to say hi, and some of you emailed me a little while back, but my computer was being dumb, it has a boot virus and it's hard to even get online. Thanks for thinking of me.

Jessica

:) Hey Stranger!! Glad to see that you're still around. I remember Mother's Day,and had a weird feeling that it may have played a factor on why you weren't here. :( How awful that you lost alot of your fish.There's been alot of strange ailments in these last months. Anyway Jess,it's good to see you!

HI! Welcome back! Good to see you again! Glad to hear about your current fish! :D

(BTW - I got some fish last week from DO -and they are fantastic - we have no local stores where I am and only the big chains with no variety about 30 min away - so I went online and it went very well - DO has a price range starting at 15-up - just thought I would mention it as an alternative. Dr.Foster Smith also has some nice GF and good reputation!)

IT might be nivce for you to have some new fish now! :heart

Hey Jessica! :)

I am glad to hear from you. I have been wondering how you were. Make sure to drop in once in a while to let us know how you're doing. :)

Oh I think I am back for awhile =o)

I just needed to leave for a bit, I really miss Whitie Snowflake! And I didn't want to post a big "I am leaving" post because those are a huge pet peeve of mine LOL.

It's nice to be back, and I missed all of you very much!!

Jessica

Hey! I'm relatively new here, so I don't know you at all, I just wanted to say that I *LOVE* the quote in your signature! I might have to borrow it sometime. :)

Jessica it is good to see you back. I have missed that horse avatar of yours. (he is a beauty!!).

Sorry to hear you are going thru fish woes. I can relate to not being able to find a good fish lately. I myself have been looking for more than a month to add to my tank and have found absolutly nothing.

All the tanks are these little fish about an inch or less, I like to buy them at least 2" or better.

Ah maybe I will check out fosters and smith.

Guest JustJayde

I don't know you but I understand why you took the break.

I Hope things are going well for you now.

i love goldies...but i just have to say...

that is the one BEAUTIFUL dobie!!

if i could fit one in my apt w/out being just plain cruel, i would have one right now :D too bad i can't. it wouldn't be fair. you can't have everything!

Hey, I remember you and Whitie Snowflake. Sorry to hear that she passed. Snowflake was a beautiful fish. :heart

If I remember correctly you love white goldfish! Are you planning on getting anymore white goldies? It is nice to read the ones who survived and I am sooo sorry for the ones you lost. Sometimes a break is a good thing. Would love to see pics of how your fish look today.

Oh! and BTW: WELCOME BACK!!

Long time no see!!!! :D

I really hope you'll b sticking around for a bit. Its not been the same without you here.... :heart

Paul

I wasn't here back then but I'm glad that you are still haning in there...

I've taken a break as well... its probably been like 4 months or something and now I'm itching for goldies! I hope this time things go better for you :)

Hey, Jessica! It is so good to see you back. I wondered many times what happened to you. I remember when you started losing so many fish and how upset you were.

I hope you can find some nice fish near you. What are you looking for? Anything specific? Fish Sempai has advertised that he has new fish available.

Hi Jessica, nice to see you back again and hope that some nice new fish come your way soon. :)

Hi Jessica, it's good to see you back. I've wondered why I haven't seen any post from you.

Sorry about all the trouble you've had :( . I know what you mean about not finding many new fish. It's that way around here, very hard to find new fish.