Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

All Moor 55 Gallon Tank

Awesome thanks guys, I'll stick a progress post in the disease section!

Very nice moore tank, i have one too don't you love them.

:blink: I had a real bad feeling when you said about the green things.Been there done that with those fish lice.They are nasty little bugger's that can do some hefty damage~! Suction Tam???? You need to find yourself a pair of Tweezer's Hun. It's a little tricky to where sometimes you need a second hand to help,and you wanna swab the area that you take the lice off of with either like a Hydrogen Peroxide,Neosporin,etc. Id salt the tank to .3% do alot of vacs,and hope you get rid of them soon.Keep an eye out for tinier ones on him too. Good luck!

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

i hate fish lice, i hope ur fishy will be okay

: Suction Tam????    You need to find yourself a pair of Tweezer's Hun.

404720[/snapback]

Oh boy, it's one of those 'sounded-good-at-the-moment' things then after the fact you're sitting there slaping your forehead like what in the world was I thinking? He's fine, got a little bacitracion (like neosporine for burns cuts and wounds) smeared over his head and it's healed over this morning. Tweezered the suckers off and bacitracioned those sores, completely tore down the tank and scrubed the plants/rocks/wood, inspected the other two and now everyone is swimming happily with some salt and later today in meds. So glad they're better, but yeah, the suction thing...oy, never thinking of doing that again. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Believe me Hun,we've all had those moments as to where we wonder where our brains went at that moment! :lol: I'm glad that they seem to be doing better.Those darn lice are so hard to spot until they get so big,and by then,UGH....well it's not fun for sure.Keep us updated,and you'll have to take more pics of Balthazar without the "Green Boogery things"! :crp :lol:

oh wow hes like phill (the fish in my signiture) he died last month :cry1 and i really missed him youve brightened my dad with that pic thanx :D

Wow what a huge fish!! He is beautiful!! Hope everything works out with the lice!! Good luck!

What a nice pic of your black moor! His eye colour looks amazing! :)

Thank you for the nice comments! Here's a few more pictures for you all.

Outdoored049.jpg

Outdoored046.jpg

Outdoored048.jpg

Hey Tam, how's he doing?

What a lovely big boy! and such a nice tank set up! :exactly

Wow Tam - both fish and tank look fabulous :D How is he doing now?

wow, no gravel!! it looks great.. where is your tank?...kitchen counter?

Balthazar is doing SO much better. It's been at least 3 weeks since I took the lice off and he's out and about, no more loaping around the bottom. The scars around his eye are completely healed this morning too, thank goodness.

The tank sits in the garage untill I can get/make a stand, not the best place but the strongest. I've hesitated puting it on a towel on the floorof my room simply because my cat would sleep on the hoods and I'm afraid those would lean in and maybe snap under his weight.

Yay! I'm glad things are going better for him and you :)

Tam i'm so glad that your moor is ok. I hope I never have to deal with fish lice, but this was definitely a thread that I learned stuff on.

Thank you Kissy and Barbra, those lice I tell ya, they're nasty critters. I do hope no one ever gets them in their tank(s).

Good news though! We have a stand and it's under construction as I type.(Much and many thanks to my moms boyfriend for building it) Nice cherry pressboard (yes, I know cheap, but it looks sturdy enough) that matches my bed frame. So in my room tomorrow it goes. Horrah!

:) Glad to see that things are coming along! It will be nice to see your tank while you're in your room,of course you may never get anything done! :lol: