Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SaneRedFox

Update On My Fry Situation

Okay, I definately think the fry in the pond (which have now been moved to the inside 55 gallon, because we bought a catfish [it is small now and cannot eat the fish outdoors, but can eat the baby fish...so we rescued them]) are shubunkins. They're still brown, but that's all right, they're starting to look like they're going to change sometime soon.

They're inside, there's probably somewhere around 11 of them inside... I'm not sure, we can't count them because they're all wiggly and move around a lot. Some are very small (less than a centimeter) and some are going on two inches.

I hope to get pics up soon! I've been feeding them goldfish flakes, some of their parents' food from outside (koi sticks), and frozen brine shrimp. They seem to like the koi sticks the most, this I can rationalise because I saw them picking off their parent's food outside in the first few months of their exploring.

They're really cute~. I can't believe I'm a grandmom :blink:

Can you post some pics, I'd love to see them!

Can you post some pics, I'd love to see them!

400946[/snapback]

~ I just took some photos! :heart Gimme a sec and I'll upload them. :lol:

I've got to warn you - they're not very good, you need to know that one of my potential mother's names is "Twitch", and so, the babies sort of take after her!!

:D They don't sit still!

Okay, here are a few pictures I got of the littlest ones (who are in a fry net, because the goldfish in the tank nip at them)..

0222hk.jpg

0356di.jpg

The liddle ones are all eyes!! :lol::heart:heart

And then one shot, by chance, of a medium-ish sized one:

0054me.jpg

Edited by SaneRedFox

They are so cute, I remember when Freddie was that small. Oh I love baby fish! Tell them I said to grow up big and strong.

By the way, the pics are plenty good, nice and clear. They make the babies look huge!

Guest JustJayde

*squeals with delight*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are so adorable!! :heart:heart

I'm just about to feed them some frozen brine shrimp, maybe that will slow them down so I can take more pictures!

:heart

They really are the sweetest little things. I love them.

how are your fry doing?....hope all is well