Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Butterfly Moor

This 6 year old walked over with a bowl under her arm and pointed to *my* Moor, I flipped out on her and I feel ashamed but I just can not stand to see anymore idiots sticking goldfish in bowls. After losing my babies, even the innocent 6 year-olds move sparked anger in me. I simply told her *nicely* "hey look it's dying, and you're going to kill it in there. I don't think you want to be a fish killer, do you?" and in reply, "no, I don't wanna kill it, but what can I put in here?" so off to the bettas she goes.

To think some little girl was going to put this beauty in a bowl. <_<

eae5377d.jpg

ee3de19f.jpg

fdba991c.jpg

Ok, now the re-incarnation explaination.

Picture001.jpg

They look almost the same! Just the eyes are the majoy difference...but wow. I took it as a sign, otherwise I dunno if I would have gotten another Moor this early.

:lol: He's a very cute fish.I've never seen Moor's looking so brown though around here.As for the reincarnation,I don't think anyone will even come close.Your little Moor had the biggest eyes I've ever seen on any fish. :) Tam was a very unique pretty little thing. By the way,try to have patience on the little kids.We want to educate,not scare them to death or make them mad. :lol: So anyway Tam,did you buy the fish? :yeah: Looks that way,doesn't it? hahahaha

True, her eyes were massive! Yes I did buy him/her...hehe. I really was nicer than I made myself out to be, she was happy with the betta suggestion, she thought the colours were more pretty. I should though be more gentle, I just...oh, it made me so hurt to think of such a thing in a tiny bowl.

:) I can definately understand the frustration-I've been there many times.But I also know that people are more willing to take advice when it's done in a nicer way. :D Yes....practice being gentle. ;):lol:

Guest Sacreligioushippie

What a beauty!

Good call with the betta suggestion. It could've been worse though, you could've just grabbed the fish from her and run. I've been tempted to do that sometimes.

So does your new fish have a name?

~ Jessica

Aww it DOES look like Tam :) She/he's so pretty, and some nice finnage as well. Next time you find a Tam-look-alike send her over here...somebody wants one ^-^

Such a handsome moor u got there :heart definitely looks like Tam. Glad u got him ;)

Hehe, well today he was deemed Damian. It just fit. Lauren haha! Don't worry, when I come down there I'll bring you some nice fellas. Thank's for all the compliments. :)

aww what a cutie! I just love all the flowing fins.

How big is Damian?

Damian is lovely :heart Congrats! :newfish

Guest JustJayde

Congrats :)

Meh I think it was ok what you said to the little girl, sometimes it takes strong words to make a lasting impression... I don't sugar coat things for my son and he is way ahead of where he should be. He has been all his life. Since the time he was 2 he knew not to throw a tantrum because it got him nothing , but to come talk like a big person and then we would work it out. Now, he is 7 and his communication skills kick butt.

Good job all around Tam! Damian is gorgeous and that little girl has a bright colorful fish with long flowing fins that will be very healthy in a bowl.

Congrats :)

Meh I think it was ok what you said to the little girl, sometimes it takes strong words to make a lasting impression...  I don't sugar coat things for my son and he is way ahead of where he should be. He has been all his life.  Since the time he was 2 he knew not to throw a tantrum because it got him nothing , but to come talk like a big person and then we would work it out. Now, he is 7 and his communication skills kick butt.

398501[/snapback]

I wish my sister was more like your son...she's 14 and still throws full blown scream at the top of your lungs tantrums x_X

Yeah!!! Damian is beautiful! His coloring is so neat! And yes, he does look like Tam! Except,

Your little Moor had the biggest eyes I've ever seen on any fish.  Tam was a very unique pretty little thing.

True! The right fish found you so it was time! I am very happy for you and Damian! We need more pix!!! Congrats! :heart

Thanks for answering my question on his size, sorry i was offline a couple days

hes lovely :)

Post pics as he grows! Id love to see them.

He looks so beautiful against the lighted window, it makes me think of something 'angelic'.

1678a20c.jpg

Damian017.jpg

"Here's looking at you."

This big old tank all to himself! Well, technically no, he's got a few friends.

Damian033.jpg

Who's Damian's friend??

Goggles, he's a tad smaller and I don't think he's a butterfly but he was the richest black I've seen.

He's even got those soft brown eyes! :)

Dont you love moores.

405385[/snapback]

My loves, all of them. :9