Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hi im super sasha

Will They Survive?

Guest hi im super sasha

Right well this is like the 67 millionth time they've laid eggs in like a month. But this time I actually did something. I took the eggs out but I don't have a spare tank with proper filtration or anything, so they're in a bowl. Is there any chance that they'll survive? :krazy:

Please help me!

For now, they might, depending on how old they are. Do they already swim, or still sticking to the glass/plants?

The problem starts when you have to feed them, after they start free swimming. And fry do need a lot of feedings during the day - up to six times. To maintain any water quality without some sort of filtration is almost impossible. It makes life harder for the fry, especially since they are pretty sensitive to any change in their environment, so big and frequent water changes are out of the question.

How many fry are we talking about, and how big is the bowl? Even only a 70 gl tank is roughly 8$, and a simple sponge filter that runs purely on an airpump goes for around 5$. That isn't really all that bad, and doesn't take away much space. Or have you considered looking into a rubbermaid container? There are pretty decently priced at nnnnnn.

I think that all you need is something to circulate teh water...I have done it with filtration and with just an airstone...both work, but I had better results with the filtration

They should be fine. They're goldfish - goldfish are hardy fish, and many can survive without proper filtration for long, long periods of time. Don't work yourself into a panic. Think of all of those goldfish in goldfish bowls without air stones, that make it for some time.

They'll be all right for a while until you can set up something better. I definately agree, go for a small rubbermaid container. That will help bunk the price of buying an aquarium. Keep it in the bathroom, buy a small spunge filter and you should be fine. You don't really need an airstone (goldfish can do without), but you should get one.

Edited by SaneRedFox