Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Isilissie

Accidental Fries

Guest Isilissie

Hello everyone

Our two Goldfish, Tiger and Chum went on a romantic spree and now we have in our hands 20 little fries. I couldnt help but notice the eggs hidden in the decor and removed them as soon as I identified them. As soon as we removed as much eggs as we could (some where even stuck in the filter) they hatched nearly instantly.

We went to mmm and bought ourselves a breeder and Baby fish food. We tried to feed them as soon as we got the breeder set up. However, rather than eating the food, they stick themselves to the sides of the breeder.

Is this normal for them to stick? I'm just afraid that they won't be able find the food and starve especially since they've just hatched.

I'm just novice at this. :crp

Thanks in advance

Hi Isilissie and :welcome

Congratulations with your newly hatched frys...aren't they the cutest :rolleyes: You don't have to worry about them not eating and sticking to the sides or bottom of the tank.Some even stay at the surface :lol: That is perfectly normal behavior!For a few days,they will be feeding on their yolk sac.Once you see them free swimming(no more sticking to the sides)that is the time to give them food.All they can eat in 30 minutes a couple of times a day.....Hope this helped some.If you have anymore questions,ask away!There are a lot of experienced members that are very helpful :D

Guest Isilissie

Thank you soo much!!!

They are all swimming now and eating perfectly fine.. I'm sooo happy!!!!

:fishtank

except for this little one, it looks like he grew two dorsal nerve cords, the other buldging out of his belly. He is not growning as fast as the others. He probably wont survive though :cry1

sadden to hear about that one fry...

I agre with doyote ugly... :exactly

so sorry to hear about the fry... :( keep us updated of their growth :D

Guest Isilissie

Update:

I found out the fish with the double notochord did not have an extra spine sticking out of its belly... but a head of another fry...

in other words.. it was a conjointed fry.... :blink: It had such a great will to live..... the last time i saw him... he was actually catching up in growth w/ the others.

I would have a pic for you guys... but 2 fries mysteriously dissapeared... including the conjointed one. :cry1 now we are down to 16

On the brighter note... they grew up to a little more than a centimeter. They are now almost a week old. :)

I am happy to hear that you are doing well with your new fry....wish you great success...I'm here if you need help

Great to hear ur fries are growing up so fast! :D if u have time for any piccies then it'll be great ;)

Aww, a conjoined fry? How cute... too bad he's gone missing; perhaps he'll turn up (sometimes you can 'lose them in the crowd'). Are they still with their parents? If so, the parents might be munching on them!

Good luck with the rest! :heart