Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Oranda

Yueyue, Duoduo + Pangpang

I am so crap to take pics as they keep moving. Any advice and experience on taking pic is welcomed.

Yueyue -- Curious

IMG_0105.jpg[/img]

Duoduo -- Surfing in bubbles

IMG_0085.jpg[/img]

Pangpang -- In hospital

IMG_0078.jpg[/img]

We are starving

IMG_0089.jpg[/img]

so how are Pangpang?

She is not too bad. I took this pic this evening and she looks alright, doesnt she? But if you look closely, you may find some white dots on the jelly part under her eye. Someone said they are probably pimples. Someone even show me his fish with the same symptons and told me they are pimples but his fish passed away in a couple of days. I was scared and started to treat her with anti-parasite med. It didnt really work, but fortunately she is still swimming and eating well.

Yes, thats a good sign.

Your fishies look absolutely gorgeous :heart I love pang pang the best :D Could it be that the white you see on her wen is wen growth?

Thanks! I do hope it is wen growth. Now the white dots are nearly gone, but I still can see some white dots under the skin in the jelly part on her face. They may grow out. :(

Now she is in a 5 gallon hospital tank which is too small for her. But that's what I can do.

:)

My orandas get those pimple like white dots from time to time.They usually go away in a week or so.Nothing to worry about as long as they are only located on the wen :D

They have been there for nearly 3 weeks. They did bother her sometimes. I found that the gill with the wen (where the pimples grow on) did not move when she breathe. And they are not only on her face, but also on her chin.

If the white dots stay there longer, there will be some pimples on my face. :D

Could it be that they are breeding stars?Male fish get breeding stars on gill plates and on the first ray of their pectoral fins...pang pang may be a male goldie ;)

:heart They are all cuties! And pangpang is very healthy looking. I hope it is just wen growth or he is showing his stars. Mine get those too. :)

Thanks a lot for your kindly advice and info.

There was a couple of 'pimples' on her face when I got home, now they just disappeared shortly in the time of a piece of pizza and a can of beer. So strange!

As no med ( 'Protozin'--which is said to be one of the best med for parasite I can find in UK, Jungle "Goldfish parasite guard' from us and Aquarium Doctor BSB which is antibiotic) has ever worked effectively on her/him, I have decided to stop treating whatsoever.

I like the names of your fish :D very unique

They are beautiful!! I love pangpang!

One tip for photos is increasing the shutter speed. I dont know what kind of quality your camera is, but any reasonable camera would allow you to set this option to a point. Dont set it too high, your pictures will be dark (unless you use a flash), but dont set it too low because you'll get motion blur as you see in your current photos.

Really nice fish! hope that Pang pang gets better

Guest JustJayde

wow those are some seriously beautiful fish!

:heart