Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Dusty, De Jacamo, Pudge, Asher, Lucifer, Zorro.

This is so tragic.. :cry1 I just couldnt believe how fast this took them and how awful for you to have to deal with it.

I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope the remaining fish are ok. :heart

:cry1 those pictures :cry1

this week is just getting worse and worse for all the goldfish in the world isnt it

im so so sorry :heart

Aw you guys! :hug

Thank you all for the care and support, it really means a lot to me. :heart

I'm going after school to get the tap, the tank tested and the hospital tested. Even going to ask my Chemistry teacher how this happened just so I know what exactly goes on. For now, my fullest efforts will be on Trev and the Plecos, but I won't be getting anymore fish for a long time...not untill I know for sure that the 55 is stable and safe.

Thank you though, it's hard, like Mario's Mum said, we have all lost so many fish this week it's very depressing. :cry1

This is a terrible thing that has happened. I don't even wan't to look at the fourth pic...

I hope you find out what was wrong.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Hang in there . . . we are all pulling for you and Trevor!! :flowerss

I'm so sorry for your terrible loss. I can't even imagine loosing so many fish at once so quick. Like what another poster said, This situation has made us much more aware of our ph levels. My 55 gal. almost crashed. It went from 7.4 to 6.4. Haven't tested in months and just decided to one day. I got wonderful help from I believe pm94 and Dataguru. Toothless is also very knowledgeable so post in water chemistry so that you can get the proper help you would need.

I pray that Trevor and your plec pull through. Please keep us updated on their conditions.

May Dusty, De Jacamo,Pudge, Asher, Lucifer and Zorro :rip:

omg, your poor little babies! :cry1 i'm so sorry you had to lose them that way. i hope your other fish make it :hug

OMG, that is so devasating! Tam, I am so sorry about all your fish.

Best of luck with Trevor and your plec... how are they doing now?

:hug

my :heart goes out to you Tam, I really hope that you will be okay...it's hard losing special loves in our lives....Dont be to hard on yourself and just learn from this situation

I'm so sorry to hear about your precious fish. May they rest in peace :rip:

Wish you, Trevor and Plecs the best of luck and a great recovery.

Trevor and the Plecostomus's lasted the night, I left food in and it was eaten. When I came home from school I switched the 100 off and put the 170 bio-wheel on. Have water samples from the tank and the tap all ready to go, I'm catching the bus at 4:30 to the store, Mom gave me $40.00 for a master test kit. I'm so grateful, she has been really kind and in that 'motherly way' knows this has really thrown me to the bottom of my bottle. My best friend offered to get me another fish when I'm ready, that was very kind of her...

I talked to my chem teacher but she doesn't know fish tanks so I was refered to a "fish fanatic' teacher who I didn't know we had, he was busy when I peeked in but Monday I'll have to catch him during brunch to figure out exactly how this happened. Well, now it's off to see the damage of what happened to my water...

Oh Tam, I'm so glad for you that it seems Trevor and the plecs are going to make it! Wasn't that great of your Mum too ... A big :hug to her! Awww

Hope your fishy teacher can help you and hope you get good news on your water too .... at least with the test kits you will be in a better position to keep a close eye on what's happening.

:)

Guest ForeverTheBard

Oh my god.... I am so sorry!! :( I would be just as shocked as you are... I had no idea fish could die THAT quickly.

Good luck with Trevor and the pleco...

FTB

Guest Sacreligioushippie

Tam, I'm so sorry to hear about your fish. I have to say, once I saw the pictures I ran in and tested my pH. I can't even imagine what it was like to see that. Good luck with Trevor, he looks like a fighter.

~ Jessica

Tam I am sooooo sorry that must be awful. ugh I just don't know what to say other than we all feel for you right now and hope that you'll start to feel better soon! :cry1:bighug

:( Oh god, Tam. If I walked in and found my fish like that...oh, god.

I'm so sorry. I don't know what I could possibly say right now to comfort you; I don't think there is anything. We're all here for you and wishing the best for Trevor. Keep us posted. :heart

Guest becky

I am glad that you have some fish survivors. I am so sorry about how the others died. How horrible to see them like that and now to have that memory. :cry1

Tam I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost BLUE last week and can relate to your pain. Just know you have a ton of friends here to talk to if need be. You were the best mom for those fish. It's unfortunate that this has happened. You never knew... don't blame yourself.

Tam, I am so sorry about your losing your fish!!!!! I know how much it hurts! I had Little Clown and Sunshine for three years and then lost them to parasites. I cried for days. I also just recently lost my little Angel so I really know. I believe that when I get to heaven, there is gonna be a big beautiful fish pond just filled with our friends from here on earth. I hope your other fish recouperate. I'll be praying for you.

Edited by Torbe

Like other's have said... there have been many many members fish dying in the last 2 weeks. Now they are all swimming together in God's tank. Bless their souls.

:grouphug You're all in my heart.

When I leave this earth I pray we will be reunited in Heaven, because then you can hug your fish, play with them and never worry about the awfull realities of pain and death...

The tanks parameters:

pH: unreadable (he said way below 5)

Amonia: slightly high (1ppm)

Nirtrites: fine (0ppm)

Nitrates: ok (.5ppm)

[ they don't do Kh and gh in the store so I can test those tomorrow at my Moms]

The tap waters parameters: (I tested for Kh)

pH: 8ppm

Kh: 2ppm

They had a Tetratest Laborett with pH, Kh, Gh, No2 (Nitrite), NH3/NH+4 (Amonia) and CO2 (Carbon dioxide) for $20 so I bought that, and Kent pH Stable. It's a powder for raising KH, has anyone used this? It was recomended and I pretty much trust this store. He also said I should re-seed my filters, what can be used in doing so?

Guest becky

You can just use baking soda to raise kH. That's probably all that is in the kit that you purchased. Here is a link to Dataguru's calculator to tell you how much to use. You don't need very much and want to be careful.

kH and pH calculator

Baking soda..., well I guess I paid $7.99 for some baking soda. Oh well, at least I have this on hand. Thank you for the link it was super helpful!

Guest becky

Like Toothless said earlier, fishkeeping is a steep learning curve. I have had my fish for almost a year now and keep learning by experiencing a crisis. I am sorry you are learning from such a hard one. :heart

omg. Tam - i am soooooo sorry. i completely missed this thread till now :(

i would hate for that to happen to my babies, and yours were just gorgeous.

im so sorry hun :bighug