Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raynebowfish

*update*

Hello to all :) Its been a good month or so since I wrote last about my one survival fry.

Hes gotten a lot bigger and now he is in his own 10gal tank with 4 snails. Hes a lil over half an inch now!!! YAY! I still have a heater in there so the temp stays at a nice 78*f, and hes doing awesome :) I'm going to try to get some pics of him, he was hatched May 24th, so hes about 3 1/2 months now....seems like its been forever since he was a lil stick with eyes :rolleyes: I'll try to post some pics tonight!

*Lizzy*

How are your fry doing? If I remember right, they were hatched the same day mine were, or atleast pretty close to it! How many are left outta that batch?

Cool to hear that your little darling is doing so well! Of course, awaiting pictures! :lol:

The pictures are gonna take me a little longer than expected :(

My dad hide the camara!!! that evil brat! lol But! I am gonna try to borrow my B/f's digi-cam so hopefully withen a couple days I will have some pics posted

it's okay...take your time

Hi!I was wondering about you and your frys :D It's great to hear that your baby is doing well....looking forward to see pics.Last time I saw them,they were sticks with eyes :lol:

thas when they are sooo cute....

This is just a test post, to see if my boyfriends comp will even work this time for me....so it this works, I will be having the pics up within 10mins or so.... heres hoping :)

it is working! piccies piccies :D !

YAY!!! it worked!!!! I'm going to attempt to post a pic or 2 of my fry!!!

post-3964-1126929273_thumb.jpg

Awww........look how he's grown :wub: You must be very proud!Did you name him?

HOOORAY!!!!! ***does happy dance***

I'm trying to get more pics but it keeps telling me its too big of a file.... oh well, I'm gonna keep trying. I haven't thought of a name for him yet...or her. I'm still suprised its lived this long :) On teh 24th it'll be 4 months...and I believe after like 6 months you're pretty much in the clear...Hes doing really good now, a whole 10gal to himself...with his 4 snail buddies :) I'm gonna try to resize the other pic I have....hope it works :)

You've done a great job with him :D He looks absolutely happy and healthy!Will be looking forward to see more pics :)

This is my favorite...he looks all dorky and fry-like!!! LOL *The quality isn't the greatest...but he swims around like CRAZY!

post-3964-1126930521_thumb.jpg

wow cute fry!!! do u know who's the parents?

I guess thats the last one...The computer no matter how small I make the last pic won't let me post it... <_< No worries tho! I will be borrowing the digi-cam some more this week and get a lot of pics! :)

Coyote Ugly ~ Thanks! I feed him a ton of food, and I dont have to worry so much for the wasted food cuz my snails eat it up, and I bought him freeze-dried daphnia, baby brine shrimp, and I give him pretty much any kind of food he'll eat! I found frozen beef heart...I was disturbed a lil by it, but the fish all love it :) How are your 2 fry doing? Well, not technically fry...but your babies :) lol

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...pic=29981&st=60

In this topic, I believe its the 4th page, I have pics of the parents, mom is an orange adn white oranda, the dads are: black and gold oranda (he's completly gold now tho) and a panda moore.

Coyote Ugly ~ Thanks! I feed him a ton of food, and I dont have to worry so much for the wasted food cuz my snails eat it up, and I bought him freeze-dried daphnia, baby brine shrimp, and I give him pretty much any kind of food he'll eat! I found frozen beef heart...I was disturbed a lil by it, but the fish all love it :)   How are your 2 fry doing?  Well, not technically fry...but your babies :) lol

396229[/snapback]

That is great to feed a variety of foods.You might want to give a bit of peas once in a while to prevent constipation...he'll love it.I feed mine a variety of foods too but have never tried beef heart....is it good for the fish?

My babies are 10 months old now and they are just starting to recover from a very bad case of finrot.I was worried I was gonna lose them both but it seems like their on the mend!Thanks for your concern :)

Keep us updated of your fry...I would love to see what he'll turn into when he grows up :D Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear about your babies...wow, 10 months, Have you got any recent pics of them?

I have no idea if the beefheart is good or not for them, but it said to feed it to chiclids (sp?) and oscars, so I don't think it'll be too bad.

I haven't fed him peas yet, but I do give him spirulina flakes every other day. I think those help the fish from getting constipated, but I'm not too sure.

I feed my fish(and fry) spirulina flakes at least twice a week

I'm sorry to hear about your babies...wow, 10 months, Have you got any recent pics of them?

I have no idea if the beefheart is good or not for them, but it said to feed it to chiclids (sp?) and oscars, so I don't think it'll be too bad.

I haven't fed him peas yet, but I do give him spirulina flakes every other day. I think those help the fish from getting constipated, but I'm not too sure.

396645[/snapback]

114-1497_AUT.jpg

115-1523_AUT.jpg

Their tails are really tattered :( I just hope they recover soon...I can't stop worrying about them.

Went to our LFS today but didn't find any beef heart....they looked at me like I was looking for something weird :huh: They are sooo not friendly!

They got so big and cute :heart Their tails don't look like their too bad. With you taking care of them they'll be better in no time :)

The only place I have been able to find beefheart was at a family ran Petshop by my house, no one else seems to carry it :(

I'm going to see about borrowing my b/f's camara again so I can get some more better looking pics of my fry

They said thank you for the compliment :lol: Their tailfins are starting to heal and I can see growth now!Yay!

I am looking forward to see more pics of your baby!By the way,have you named him/her yet? :unsure:

coyote...how old are they now?

They'll soon be a year old this coming November :) I can't believe I've raised them this far :rolleyes: