Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Groucho the goldfish

Is My Goldfish And Koi In Love With Each Other?

My goldfish my koi i think are in love with one another! their always playing, sharing food with out fighting and the craziest thing thier trying to breed and thier starting to show signs of it! Please help!

What kinds of signs are you seing? Breeding stars on their gills and fin? Chasing?

I am afraid goldfish and koi do not stay within their species when ready to breed. I caught my 12 inch comet chase a koi around about double his size!

What are you keeping your fish in? Maybe its possible to put a devider in until they calm down....

how big is your koi? if he is the same size the goldie might be confused. if not, the goldie is a bit optapistic!

Guest Shiari

goldfish and koi *do* produce offspring... very unnatractive offspring, but they do it.

so, you may have a tank full of hybrids soon. How big is your koi and goldfish?

Are you serious!? well even if there unattractive or beutiful at least ill have a comet koi goldfish. and oh yeah they are 5 inches for the male and 6 inches for the female. freaks or not ill still love them B)

Oh my!!! :o I had no idea that koi and goldies could spawn. Please keep us posted on how things turn out! Interesting...

aw thats so sweet. i must say, i bet Martin Luther King Jr would be proud. at least they arent racist :D

Chelsea :rofl

Groucho, you better find a bigger tank or rubbermaid container soon, or they are gonna polute the small 10 gl tank! I wonder how such a cross would look like! :)

Guest lambchop64

wow!! :o thats amazing!! keep us posted!! :D i wanna see pictures!! :lol

Guest lambchop64

That is sooo kool!!!! show us some pictures asap!! ild love to see! :druel

lambchop :panana

Guest serpthia

This thread is so sweet. Congratulations Grandpa!

show us pics of the babies! I wasnt sure if koi and goldfish can breed, but I guess they can. would it be alot like a mouse and a rat breeding or something :rofl