Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Process Of The 55 Gallon Set Up

Aww Tam, I'm so sorry :hug .. but sometimes it's just the shock of it all.

For your Dad to suddenly see that (gorgeous :heart ) whopper of a tank compared to a 20 gall ... and taking into account he wasn't expecting it ... You can see how it would look to him :yikes

What I've always done (first with parents and now with Husband) is to over state the case, so when they finally see whatever it is, they are just relieved it isn't so bad as they imagined, that they happily agree!!

Well, it doesn't always work of course, but it works alot.

Maybe you could try that tactic another time?

Hope it all comes right for you and they soon come round :)

I'm too late to edit my previous post, but reading it again, it may sound as if I am advocating lying to them, and I didn't mean that at all, it's something I try never to do, as I really dont like it.

No, i meant that if you kept talking about it and emphasising it is a BIG one etc (totally true) that in their minds they usually build it up and up and when they see it, it never seems to be half as bad as they imagined.

Hope that clarify's what I was trying to say before. :)

Sorry about your tank, I hope it all works out!! And I love your pictures of the fishies too! Zorro looks like she went and played in the dirt like a little girl :heart She'll always be my favorite bubble eye. I Love pudge and your little moor also :)

Graham! Oh I do trust me. :lol2 My stepmom has a 55 with an oscar and 2 jack dempseys, and I don't want to sound naieve or boastful, but she really doesn't know the ins and outs of filtration/size and all that. She's kept fish, but I mean, to an extent I can say I know more then she does, but explaining things like that and having an adult say "No, they don't need that they're only goldfish." to the other adult really makes it tough. It's like fighting a snake, you can't watch both ends and if you try you'll end up bitten.

Mariosmum, oh no no, I agree with exaggerating the size! He's used to seeing a huge tank everytime he plays pool, but I guess in a smaller room it made it look gigantic.

Lauren! LOL it does look like she rolled in the mud! That's such a cute way to look at her, thank you!

I'll try out every and any idea you guys can give. And a great big thanks while I'm at it! :)

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Oh I forgot to tell you, I have an orange cone in my room too :D

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

i hope ur dad will let you have the tank....

Edited by jimmy_396_jimmy

sorry to hear about not being able to put it up. but look at the brite side at least you have the tank all you need now is the time to use it. lol

sorry to hear about not being able to put it up. but look at the brite side at least you have the tank all you need now is the time to use it. lol

373318[/snapback]

:rofl Exactly, always look on the bright side.

Thank you Debi. :heart