Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Selling Off A Betta And A 10 Gal. Divided

:( I've got to downsize. Too many at the moment for me to handle and I know if someone from this board takes them they're in good hands at least.

The only reason I'm selling them is because I need some cash to buy a proper size filter for my goldfish or I'd be giving the hardware away.

So, without further adoue.

10 gallon (divided 3 ways, you might want to reseal the dividers, two popped out of place yesterday) with hood (no lights, the ballast rotted so I pulled it out) $6.00

IMG_0242.jpg

This one is really hard on me so please, I'm going to be very picky in who gets him because he's my baby.

Tigerclaw the Mustard Gas CT needs a new home. He's a special needs betta as well: can only tolerate temps between 79-84*F, eats ONLY live tubifex worms, and likes to have a female next to him so he can build HUGE bubble nests and flirt. He's very shy otherwise. I'll give you 1/2 oz. of tubifex worms to start a culture as well. I think he's roughly a year and a half old. For a picture of him look in this months (July) Betta of the Month winner.

$7.00

And I have a Hagen Radiant 8" heater slightly worn.

$5.00

All are pick ups in San Mateo, CA area. Thank you for looking. I'm really going to miss having TC around but know that he will be well cared for. :cry1

Guest Chishower

Awwww, you poor thing. Its hard to let them go.

If nobody can take the betta and you decide to ship, I will buy him and pay shipping. Hopefully though, someone closer will take him. :-)

I'm sorry Tam :*( I'm sure he'll go to a good home. If I knew how I was going to sneak my own fish off to college I'd take good care of him. No heater is needed here, the water temp in my room is just what you described. Is six dollars really going to be enough (plus whatever you have already) to get the filter? If you havne't thought it thru, 6 dollars isn't too much of a contribution....I just don't want you to make the wrong decision :hug

Maybe if you sent him to me I could take care of him until you move down to AZ. Is breeding the worms hard?? I'm not sure how it would work out but maybe you can think about it. You'd have to know for sure where you are moving first, I wouldn't want anything to go wrong.

Edited by Kissy

Thanks for thinking of me Lauren. It's a fair price, I like to give people who may not have too much a good chance because I'm one of those people. Plus it's all second hand but in good condition.

I wish I could give him to you, but I'm so afraid something will happen with shipping, summer is unpredictable with temperature fluxuations. Maybe though when we do move you could take him if someone else doesn't?

Lol...yah I was just thinking about the icky summer heat and came online to say something about it. I'm also in the same money boat as you. (nearly at 0 and need to buy 4 filters, a python, and a whole crapload of other stuff!) I don't know how I'd explain getting a fish and a ten gallon tank from a "stranger"...I can't hide that! If no one takes him by moving time and I'm not as poor as I am now (I'm sure I'll have a job) then I'll take him :) The only big problem is I don't know what to do with all my tanks when I go to college...five tanks in a dorm won't be easy to hide. x_X

Edited by Kissy

5 Good lord Lauren, that's more then I dream of having! Most colleges don't mind fish, it's just dog, cats, rats and birds that bug them.

heh *blushes* Right now almost all tanks are empty, but I don't *quite* have four yet. I need to go to a college that allows at least 20 gallons or else it will never work. The 29 gallon (20 gallons) is for 2 or 3 goldies, the 2.5 gal is for Orchard the betta, and someday some ghost shrimp, the 10 gallon is for the tropicals (those two will have to be my roomates, or I might be able to keep them inside my stand if I can build a curtain or something) and a tub (my nightstand) will be a quarentine tank, then a home for a comet that will become fishzilla :D Yah...I really hope it works!!

I think I'll have to say I've decided not to sell the 10 gallon or TC, but the heater is still up for grabs.

Lauren, man, I'd LOVE to be your room mate, LOL but I don't think I can get away with hauling a 55 in as well.

Yay :)

I'd love for you to be my roomate too!!!!! Hmm the 55 gallon could be.....uhmm..Maybe we could throw a painting over it? Maybe we could build a fake dresser or something we could slip over it when we need to :P Are you going to stay home for college? I really want to stay in a dorm.

Dorm, or my own apartment.

We could say our plumbing broke and we take baths in it? HAHA.

Lol, we could buy a shower poof and hang it over the tank ^-^