Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BigRedandBlindWillie

Chubbster Got Another Rock Stuck

Its the second time this month that Chubbster has got a rock stuck in his mouth! We have covered all of the small rocks at the bottom with very large river rocks, but he is still getting to them some how (small rocks are for the plants to root in)..... We started moving on saturday, and arent acctually staying at the new place entil this coming saturday, but we moved the fish tank over... If it wasnt for Ryan getting the day off and stopping over there to check on the fish, chubbster probably would have died. Ryan tried the tweezers like he did last time, and it would not come out. It was so big, and stuck way back in there, that the tweezers werent wide enough to grab it. He even called a local pet shop to see if they could give him a number for a local vet that might be able to get the rock out, but they knew of no place, and they adviced a paper clip!!!! You wouldnt believe what he ended up using to get it out! And believe me, we will never go without one of these again! He took one of the plastic things they use on tags (you know when they put a tag on a shirt at a store, thos plastic things that hold them on??) well he used one of those! It was thin enough to squeeze behind the rock. He looped it, and it was just small enough to get back there, and then pull it out!! I was shocked! I think everyone who owns a goldfish should have fishing wire in the goldie first aid kit! Its pretty much the same thing as what Ryan used! I started my goldie first aid kitabout 5 months ago, that stays in a a box below the stand, and I dont know what I would do without it!!!!!

ALso, bought another bag of river rock, and i dont think chubbster will be getting anymore rocks stuck in his mouth... Ryan is going around the house calling himself Ryan MD. He thinks he some professional now that hes gotten a rock out twice now!! LOL... :rofl

Well done Ryan !!! It's a real accomplishment the first time one does goldfish firstaid. :rockon

Hurrah for Ryan MD :)

This happened to my GEF once-- I totally panicked, but we eventually got it out with tweezers. Afterwards, I took out the gravel and replaced it with river stones

Wow! That must have been frightening; and for the second time in a month! (Maybe he's just doing it for attention.) Glad Ryan was able to get it out. How big is Chubbster anyway?

Who needs a fish vet when they have Ryan MD in the house?! Good for Ryan!

Woot! Go him! He deserves a cookie :D

Chubbster is a fattie. Hes at least the size of a baseball, probably bigger. Hes a big boy!

Just hoping this wont happen again! It shouldnt. Ended up taking a big portion of the smaller gravel out, and there is a very thick layer of river rock in there now, so he shouldnt be able to get to the small pebbles.... LOL... enless he can somehow get one of those gaint river rocks in his mouth!! LOL but I doubt that!

"Ended up taking a big portion of the smaller gravel out, and there is a very thick layer of river rock in there now, so he shouldnt be able to get to the small pebbles.... LOL... enless he can somehow get one of those gaint river rocks in his mouth!"

I guess this story goes to show you, never underestimate a goldie! Didn't last time you thought he wouldn't be able to reach the little gravel too?

"Chubbster is a fattie. Hes at least the size of a baseball, probably bigger."

Wow!

Yay for Ryan MD and the lil Chubster! woo! :D

Well last time I thought he couldnt, and then when I was regraveling the top with river rock, there was a spot under a piece of the drift wood that he could get to that was only small pebbles... So that was my bad... This time... we had just moved the tank the day before... So things were all switched around, and I knew I needed to get more river rock (I lost a bag on the way to the new place.. splilt everywhere) but I didnt really think much of it... Im soo clutsy!! LOL...

Yep, chubbster is a fattie. I need to get some more pictures of him. I posted some up awhile ago, but hes like doubled in size!! LOL... He has grown the fastest then any of the goldies ive had so far!

"I lost a bag on the way to the new place.. splilt everywhere"

I've had that happen before; I hate it when the bags split, especially in the car.

"I posted some up awhile ago, but hes like doubled in size!"

Watch out! Don't let him get so big he'll be able to fit the river rocks in his mouth!

LOL... I hope his mouth never gets that big!!! LOL.... their pretty big river rock.. Their like the size of my smallest goldie, so I dont see him eating the river rocks... LOL.. he would eat the smallest goldie before the river rock.

Watch out! Don't let him get so big he'll be able to fit the river rocks in his mouth!

365047[/snapback]

LOL! Could you imagine! My word you'd need the jaws of life! BTW, Congrats to The Doc...does he happen to be on call? LOL!

Horray for Ryan!!! :alc !!!

Gawd I can just see the look on his face when he saw poor chubster in there with a rock!! Kinda scary!! Glad to hear he even called the vet clinic too!! My hubby would just try and stick his hand in there to get it out!!...LOL

Ryan MD....He thinks he's a vet now eh?....LOL...... :rofl

Glad that chubsters is okay though!! Yep I think river rock will keep him away from the rocks now.....what a stinker he is.

wow gooo Ryan :panana

haha good job there Ryan MD!! you never know what crazy stuff youll have to use to pull rocks outta mouths! :yikes