Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fire_Wolf

My First Fry!

Finally got some good weather and went to clean out the pond and looky what we found.. :rofl

post-4875-1121244518_thumb.jpg

Oooh, that's so cute! :D

oo congrats kathy..whos the parents? and what kind of goldfish will it be??

Congratulations! You'll probably find more over the next few days. They look to be about half an inch long?

Guest danielle92

:wub: They are so cute and :kewlpics: How many do you have ?

Goldfish Rock!

:rofl Thanks, This one is about 1/4 of a inch, Kids said they spotted two more. Mom's a pretty little pond Comet that has white tail fringe and Dads are two shebunkins. So they could be pretty colorful. :D I'm out to try to round up the other two so I can get the pond cleaned up and the fish kids back in! :) I'll try to get pics of Mom & Dads later on!

Sounds like they are going to be pretty. 1/4 inch! Your family must have good eyes to have spotted them. ;) B)

:rofl I wear bi-focals Fish! We found 6 more today, looks like the two biggest are several weeks old, the others are even smaller......... :o All I saw was tiny shapes, mostly eyeballs and tails. The kids where out spotting with me. The water was down to about 3" or so.

Here's a batch of pics I took today. The white background is a 5 gl bucket, I zoomed in on these. You can see the difference though in the bigger older fry compared to the smaller ones though. And the bigger one is a bit smaller then the one we found last night. So Fish is probably right, the two bigger ones are closer to the 1/2" including the tails. Still tiny..... :o

GoldieFry.jpg

Guest manini

ooh, you're a great photographer! I tried and tried for days, but couldn't get a decent shot...

don't tell my boyfriend, he spent $350 buying me a hi-tech, new fangle-dangle digital camera!!!

now my fry-babies zip-zag so fast, I GIVE UP!

:D Hey Kathy,Congrats on your Fry find!!! One thing I've learned from Heather and Erika ,is that it's amazing how much bigger some fry are than other's! They probably are one whole batch. My daughter's fry babies had a shub for a Daddy,and out of thirty seven fry,I think only 4 turned out looking like shubs. Good luck with them all,and of course, Post more Pics!!!! :lol:

Excellent pics, Kathy. I love the way you do the text and the little arrows. :D

Congrats on the goldie fry...raising some myself now. It is truly amazing to watch them grow and see some develop a lot faster than others. I agree with manini that you are a great photographer...I have problems trying to get a good shot of them cause mines are very active and are barely a centimeter. Thanx for sharing the pics with us...*hug* :D

:D Thanks Devs,Fish,Man & Tazz.

The babies are doing fine so far. Eating good too! On the camera, I have a Sony Mavica, goes up to a 16 x zoom and I run the pics through Paint Shop Pro 7. Makes it nice to clean up any fuzzy's or do corrections, make a kewl framed pic etc. I love that program and the camera. Easiest to use I have found and very versatile, takes floppy and/or MS. Takes good pics right off Never much to muck with. :heart

I have the parents in my Stock tank now to keep it running in case I need the tank for hosp tank. They will keep the filter going & established. Plus I suppose the koi will spawn soon, at least by fall and I didn't want the two boy's joining in on that fun,lol!

Well, at least the pond is clean for the summer now. Everyone is happy! :D

How could I miss this thread?! :huh: Congratulations Kathy!!I can totally relate with your excitement :D First time I discovered frys,I was soooo excited!!Great shots of them too.I wasn't able to take pics of mine until they actually looked like fish.Will be looking forward to more fry pics :)

Guest calico4

Is that really out in a pond? It looks like it is in a tank.

-calico

Guest Pondandfish

That looks like a tank to me!

Congratulation on the fry.

I always excited to get home from work to feed those hungry little mouths.

:rofl No, I moved the baby's inside to a tank. They are going to be moved up into the 35 in a week they are growing so fast now! I've to move my stock tank though into the garage for winter. Seems the shebunkins had a few more in the stock tank and I have fry coming out my ears now! :blink:

My koi also spawned after I did the clean down. I thought they hadn't until a couple of weeks ago a saw something moving, you know the look. The triple take jaw drop........

So far I have around 20 baby butterfly koi I have seen and looking good! :)

Thanks CU....

I'll take a new pic this week and post it up. I've been so hectic here with hubby ill and tests going on and worry's I'd almost forgot this thread. :(

Oh, congrats on all fry and looking forward to new pics! I'll check the pond tomorrow and see if I can find more fry, have 4 in the tank now. It's amazing just to look at them!! :)

Posted up new pics in a new thread. I just discovered another set of new fry with the koi kids too. Too small for pics though and will be next summer before I can get photo's! Darn sneaky these koi kids are! <_<

wow...are the koi fry as small as the goldfish ones?

Yup, they are! Hard to believe a set of eyeballs and a tail gets up to 32" or better from something so small. My first set of fry are two weeks older then the butterflys and the butterfly koi are already bigger then the shebs.