Sign in to follow this  
toothless

Diy Isolation/fry/convalescent Box

14 posts in this topic

Ok, simple and easy to make. You can make ANY size or dimension for a snug fit on one side of a tank or whatever. Just measure and cut your panels and sew them together with fishing line, As always, aquarium sealant can be applied to the seams for a stronger bond and sturdier frame. You can even build a lid for it so that any fish juming to and fro will be thwarted in their attempts.

This is a must have for people with fish that heve been recently debilitated by eye-loss and other mechanical injuries.

Anyway, heres the pic. Note the two hooks for holding it on the rim of the tank:

post-1193-1120353265_thumb.jpg

Happy Tinkering! :lol:

I knew all along that the right man got the DIY award! :lol:

I bought similar "cages" on Aquabid a year or so ago, made for bettas, with smaller compartments in it. But it never dawned on me to make one big isolation container like that myself... duh....

Guest Chishower

Your brilliant.

My parents already think I am weird for buying all the stuff to make a filter cartriage.

"Why don't you just BUY some?"

"Because this way I save about 5 bucks a month and in 6 months will have enough to buy a new filter!"

Or, you know, thanks to you, try to MAKE one.

i hear that HEHEHEH my parents think in crazy for spending money one the stuff to make the sponge filters. :)

EXCELLENT idea! but where can i find aquarium sealant to hold the box together??

Guest Chricel

thanks!!! i can't wait to make one :)

Plastic canvas is the greatest thing since sliced bread! It is so useful in the aquarium. I used a sheet of it once as a makeshift divider, worked like a charm! and it collected algae for a fish snack :) You can also use it to make small hidey holes for your fish. Someone on this forum made a cave and put leaves on it. The fish loved it!

I have found platic canvas balls to be useful too. I have an extra one in every tank that has some cycled media in it. it just floats along like a beach ball and helps me to see the current in the tank. The media gets used when I feel like changing a filter, I already have a clean piece that is seeded and ready to go. The fish don't mind it and when it gets algae on it, they have a floating snackbar. :) it looks like a disco ball :D

Everybody should show off their plastic canvas creations, I bet there are alot of good ideas out there!

Plastic canvas is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Someone on this forum made a cave and put leaves on it. The fish loved it!

Guilty! :D

do you think if i made one out of acrylic that i could put a betta in my tank and have it in the box thing i have seen them at my lfs i am curious as i want a betta but i don't have any room at the moment?

I love love love plastic canvas...I made about 6 snail breeder nets for 99 cents rather then buying one for $6.99. :) As well as a divider and about a gazillion other things for my snail tanks.

Great post!

Plastic canvas is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Someone on this forum made a cave and put leaves on it. The fish loved it!

Guilty! :D

ooooooooooh! you should show a photo! it was a great idea!! :)