Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blinky000

When Will They Get Their Colour?

my baby goldies and goldie/shubs are about 20 weeks old now and still havent got their colour. when is it going to happen, im starting to lose the will to live here!

any help would be good thanks

Hiyaaa! i put somthing else on my post could you read it and try and reply. Thank you very much.

i have a book called family pet care. it has abit about the colouring of baby golfish fish.

This is what it says -------- > They are invariably olive brown, not reddish, and it can take two months to a year for them to achieve their coloration. A few may never undergo this change, remaining the same colour all their life.

I hope this helps you. Tanya x

thanks, seems ive got a while to wait then yet! o wel.

ive replied to your message if you havent already checked and hopefully this will help you even more to keep you fishies happy and healthy! B)

hi i want to no how to bread fish i am looking to do it i am 14/m/uk and i got a shubunkin and a nymph i am hopeing to get a nother this week end coming up do i need plants to bread fish please get back to me and i added u to my msn many thanks from kev

Guest OzzMosiz

motor - you don't need plants, but it can be helpful.

You need to alter the water temp very slightly (alter too much and you

could kill your fish, or stress them out) - a few degrees (maybe 2-4degrees)

this will "trick" them into thinking the season has changed and they will breed.

Any eggs you need to get out ASAP. Any white eggs throw away, and clear/golden

eggs are fertilised.

My two moors bred in a 240 Litre tank (no substrate) with a couple of plants and

a few decorations.

Just be patient....they will change eventually. My babies are approaching the 8 month old stage. One is a calico so it's had it's coloration practically since it was a month old. The other one was the metallic olive color, but just within the last two weeks his color is getting lighter and more golden. I look for him to be a completely different color in a couple more months. To help them get their coloration, feed color enhancing pellets(crushed up). I have been feeding my babies this ever since they were old/big enough to eat it. I was getting pretty frustrated too and thought mine was never going to change. I would say that a year is pretty accurate on how long it takes for them to get out of the "olive" stage.

so when they start to change colour, how long does it take for them to be like mum and dad?

yyeeeesssss!!!!!!! RESULT!!! my baby is finally turing colour! this morning he was his normal boring green self and i just went to feed him and hes got a load of orange by his gill! 7 months hard work is finally paying off!

so those olive greyish colored goldies i have seen at nnnnnn wont stay that color? I bought a cute one, and he hasn't changed at all. He's about an inch and a half long now. I have had him maybe 2 months.

do a lot of reading befor you jump in to this it could sound easy bet beleav me it is god ###### hard well that is if you are one of the lucky ones and your fish breed fot the22 of it your fish will also have to be about 3 years old or there will not be an adult as yet