Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ranchugirl

Finally A Few Fry Pics!

I actually got around to upload a few pictures of my shubunkin fry, although they have been grown quite a bit since those pics....

Here we got a group picture of the older fry (born around Valentines Day in February)....

BiggerShuby2.jpg

Funny thing is, although both parents are shubunkins, only a certain percentage is actually calico. Two of them are all white, a few are red or red/white, 1 is tri color, one completely black, while 2 turned out shubunkin so far.

Here is one of the all white ones, and the one in the background has a deep black coloration now. I wonder if it stays that way.

AllWhiteShuby.jpg

BiggerShuby.jpg

And no, not all the mess is from the fry - there were a few snails in with them, and they are just as messy. Anybody can find the leftover bloodworm? :rofl3

All the fry are now in a 110 gl rubbermaid outside in the patio area, together with 3 comets I picked out from a feeder tank earlier this year. I'll take pics of them in a few weeks to compare how they change over time...and growth.... :thud

Enjoy!

:lol: You never stop....You have a sickness....Go ahead,admit it..... :rofl The fry are adorable! Somehow I missed that you even had them,and now they're so big! It's amazing how two shubs can have so many differenty babies! Congrats! :heart

Oh my they have grown a lot!!! I think they're way bigger than my frys :thud what are you feeding them :unsure: They all look cute but I just love the white one :heart

They look so sweet in the photos Andrea, can't wait to see how they grow up.

Cuute! :heart

Guest moosefactory

Wow! My fry are almost microscopic compared to yours! And they all look pretty much the same...see through with a vaguely black/gold tinge (I think the parents are a red/white comet, a calico koi and a yellow koi). Yours actually look like goldfish!! On the plus side, despite my ineptitude, there are still literally hundreds in the pond outside and a handful in my nursery tank indoors...

Congratulations! Not hard to see how people get addicted to raising fish!

Guest Lizzy

The one with the poo hanging out looks just like mine from last year! :D

If you cross 2 shubunkins, about 25% turns white, 25% turns black and 50% goes the true shubunkin colours. Or so I've read somewhere :)

Guest Pondandfish

Congratulations to you!

I have about 100+ Koi Fry doing really well in a 75 gallon tank.

I spotted a lease two of them to cull.

Don't have the heart to cull yet.

Maybe tonight!

.... and maybe not, PondAndFish! :lol:

Thanks everybody! Cathy, mine are now in the patio area in a 110 gl rubbermaid, and get 4-6 meals a day with lots of frozen foods, seafood flakes, and tons of algae on the wall. Basically, if I wouldn't feed them for a week, it wouldn't make a difference because of the algae... :lol:

I think I'll catch them in a few weeks and take some "comparison" pictures... :rolleyes:

Wow! 4~6 meals a day :o I only feed mine once or twice a day :hide: Still got lots to learn on raising them :D Thanks!

Congratulations to you!

I have about 100+ Koi Fry doing really well in a 75 gallon tank.

I spotted a lease two of them to cull.

Don't have the heart to cull yet.

Maybe tonight!

339754[/snapback]

Warning: Stupid question coming up...

What does it mean to "Cull: ? And why do I think it's not something I want to know? :crp

Guest Lizzy

Culling is erm...how to put this the least gross...getting rid of the deformed fish so you're left with only the strong and healthy ones.

Easiest way is putting them in with adult fish who dont mind live food :crp

Guest Lizzy

Plus the other fry/fish have more space this way.

Its not a nice thing to do though :(