Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest calico4

My Dad Says That This Site Is Bad.

Guest calico4

My dad thinks when i go on this site that it will mess up his computer. I think he is wrong. Is there anything on here that might mess it up? Or is this site safe.

-calcio

Ask him how does this site mess up his computer.

I personally think this site isn't bad :D

This site is extremely safe, both for your computer and for you. You can assure your father that your interest in fish is a good thing and here on Koko's you will find people from all over the world that share your enthusiam for learning more about fish.

Koko's is kept very clean and polite. We do not allow "bad" postings or anyone to be nasty to anyone else. There are many ways that these bad things are kept from the site - from moderators that are here day and night to special settings on the site that automatically "bleep" out any offensive words.

As with any use on the internet, it is wise for your computer to have a anti=virus program running, but you should not have any problems here. I have been here for several years without a problem.

If your father is concerned about you being here, he is more than welcome to take a look at anything that is here. If he has any questions or concerns, he is more than welcome to let us know and we will try very hard to answer them to his satisfaction.

This is the best goldfish site so far and provides lot of excellent informaiton from members and moderators. I have no problems using this site and my PC is mostly hooked up with Kokos 10 hours daily. I have also never seen a rude or bad posting so far.

Cheers.....

Edited by ranchu_man

this is the holy grale of internet sites my computer is hucked up most of the day and beleave me if any thing goes wrongh because of this site about 50 more computer will go wrongh as well

Absolutely no problems here computer wise either and as far as the people posting on here, I think it would be very hard to find a friendlier forum anywhere. We all take care to not to offend anyone and if someone ever gets out of line, one of the mods call them on it really quickly. If he hasn't already, let him look around here. You might point out the lack of advertisements and banner ad5 tempting you to click on something that might could harm his computer. All in all this is a great site for learning about fish and keeping them healthy. But as always, be respectful when discussing it with your father. That will always take you further and with the internet being like it is with spyware, spamming, etc. his concerns are legit ( they just don't pertain to this particular site). :)

Edited by fishrpets

Reassure your father that this site is safe for both you and your computer. I have been visiting daily for over 18 months and have never had any problems.

It is a great site, and very friendly and helpful :)

I've never experienced any computer problems either. This site works perfectly as far as I can tell.

If your computer or operating system is an older version or you have a slower internet connection so the pages are loading slowly or even stalling (which might be what your Dad's talking about), there is a 'Lo-Fi Version' link at the bottom of this page so you can view the forum without all the fancy complicated stuff.

Guest calico4

I will tell him. I didnt think this site was bad. I hope he understands:)

-calico

:yeah: This is a great site. It is full of information & the best thing......the people......they are always ready to answer questions no matter if you're a newbie asking an obvious question or need very specific info!!!

Great stuff and no BAD STUFF!

theres no harm from this site. its safe! :D

If he's concerned about SPYWARE and other pop ups that could lead to your computer downloading unwanted programs... this wont happen with this message board. There are several out there that do that.. and yes they do mess up your computer after a while. Especially with SPYWARE programs. I had to reformat recently because my brother goes to message boards and websites that are questionable.

You are safe from anything but fun here!

Hi Calico4,

This is a really safe, cool site. My Mum wont let me go on just any site on the internet, she's really hot on safety and stuff, but with Koko's she liked it SO much she even joined herself! :lol:

Get him to look round on it himself or with you and he'll see it's fine. :)

:exactly

I asked my dad, who builds computers and maintains them for a living (Im on his work comp RIGHT NOW!!) he says its fine, no pop-ups, and really no connection to other comps. not like chat rooms or pop-ups.

Guest Fred' Dad

I work as a network administrator. I have been here for about a year and Koko and her friends have done an excellent job of making this site secure and safe. Please tell your dad he has nothing to worry about.

The site is definetly the best goldfish site. First of all, there are no popups and no ad5, also, the forum is the cleanest forum i've ever seen. I don't see anything to worry about. I'm a computer person and i know that this site is safe.

I dont think this site is bad at all. Its one of the best goldfish sites ive found on the web, and ive never had a problem with it screwing up my computer. I also agree. The no ad5 and everything is awsome!

There is absolutely no spyware or anything else for that matter here that is bad for anyone's computer. This is an ultra safe site. This site is extremely well moderated, so there is no need to be concerned about anything in regards to posts as well. This has to be one of the cleanest sites on the web.

No worries!!!