Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Erika

Shipping Spud To Florida!

Absolutely! I've got a couple new ones right here:

This is Spud before Errika sent him to me. He was choco/blue until he started to grow a bit. Then he lost the dark and the orange underneath started brightening up. Anyway, hes no bigger than and inch in this pic:

spud3505_003.jpg

And here he is in his first "sweet spot" for sleeping. I came home to find him sitting there reaaly still. He was so zonked out he didn't notice it was chowtime until I tapped the tank a couple times:

spudfirstsweetspot.jpg

And here he is as of today. 4 full inches long and not showing any signs of slowing down:

spuuud.jpg

Its really hard to get a good pic of him because of the lighting I use on his tank. Its very bright and it distorts his natural colors in pictures. But, you might be able to tell from some of the pics that his body is the only place he is truly white. His fins are a distinct peach color.

Anyone see his little breeding stars in his cheeks? :lol:

:o Wow!!!!!!!! Has he turned out pretty!!! Erika use to tease me about Chewy,but I think the Little Spudmiester is going to be a giant too! :lol: 4 inches allready....Wow!!! His coloring is very unique,and he still reminds me of part Ryukin. :lol: Beautiful job you're doing Paul! :heart

I just couldn't believe how fast he is starting to grow so I wnt ahead and got him set-up in his new tank. A big ol 29 gallon all to himself (for the time being). Here's his new digs:

spud29.jpg

Guest squeeker

WOW, he's gorgeous! And big! Is he 4 inches including tail, or is that just body size?

Thats with his tail.... ;)

Thanks! :D

Oh how neat!! :)

(and thanks for the link to Doc's fish mailing info!)

I'm such a retard, I get a blubbery and teary eyed when I see pics of him growing up. He looks awesome!!! I see my other fry in him soooo much. I have one that has his markings, and 2 that have his fins and body shape. Spudster's gonna be a monster, I know it. :D

Hehehe. good to see ya back around. I'll bet you were jonesin for a bit, huh?

Here's who I see a lot of in Spud (Miranda):

gallery_1817_5_18371.jpg

And Daddy?

gallery_1817_5_26934.jpg

From the looks of his tailfins, it could be that Moby Is the dad. Spuds are nice and rounded at the ends of the lobes too.

Spud is a beautiful fish! I'm so glad everything went well with his move to the Sunshine State. It is so awesome that y'all share your fish. I can't wait to raise some fry of my own!

I dunno Paul, I'm leanin towards Mr. Attitude himself as being the daddy... Tangeray. Look at his fins and markings. Puck looks 100% JUST like Tang..... I'll snap a pic in a sec.

parents005.jpg

Edited by errrika1979

Look at Mr. Puck....he looks awful in this pic.... he got himself wedged between the intake and the glass about a week ago, silly little stinker. :rolleyes:

DSCF1758.jpg

Edited by errrika1979

Awww. Looks like he had a rough night.... :unsure:

So, it looks like we have their father pinned. Tang was the culprit! We were thinking Bella when the fry were choco/blue, then we were thinking the Mobester. And Tang was snickering in the background all along........

You know, looking at Spuds body structure, tailfin formation, coloration and all, He is the spitting image of his pops! Heh, I sure hope Spuds tail winds up looking like Tangs when he gets big. Its the same tail type that Wynkins fantail, Chelsea, has. Kindofa scalloped edge with big rounded ends to the lobes......

Erika, How about some updated pics of your little monsters? Herbie, Spook, Herman. You know, the newbies..... :lol:

Ok, I'll get on that tomorrow, gotta let these bat-trees charge. Plus, the kids ate their pees and are snoooooozin'. :) Herbie ain't a newbie! Let's see, my newest are... Spook, Herman and the fry I guess. Shoot, I'll just snap random pics of everybuddy.

Edited by errrika1979

:o Newbies?????Geez.......Spook???Herman???? What fry?? GEEZ.......I know nothing anymore!!!! :rolleyes::P By the way,Have you seen my fry???? :yeah:

Um no........... I looked in the breeding section and I didn't see anything? I wanna see!!!!!!!

Um no........... I looked in the breeding section and I didn't see anything?  I wanna see!!!!!!!

379277[/snapback]

:lol: They're Bristlenoses--in the Tropical! :lol:

Well, it looks like Spud is growing his mothers wen! For the last few weeks, I have noticed his head getting a little cappish looking growth to it. Here's a pic:

Spudoct.jpg

I can't believe how much of a beauty he's turning out to be. Really! I attribute his color bing so darn vivd to the large amount of freeze dried Pacific plankton I feed him. He's a picky bugger and I have yet to find a commercial staple that he will eat. It seems that all he'll touch is frozen bloodworms, freeze dried krill, plankton, mealworms and peas. Erika keeps saying someting about a little sample of Pro-Gold to try on him.... (hint-hint, Erika ;) ).

Anyway, I have no idea how it happened or where it came from but he wound up with chilodonella in his tank! He started acting real funny a month ago, burying his face into corners and rubbing. Hes so small that gill scrapes were out of the question and skin scrapes produced nothing. So I devised a micron screen and found lots of chilo packed in with the detritus. I tried PC, and 0.3% salt and they kept going. So, in the end, I used the old faithful Quick Cure. He handled it like a champ and the chilo was dessimated. Thank goodness too bcause the next step was Potassium Permanganate. :D

Anyway, During his treatment, I stripped his tank and he no longer had the tons of algae to eat. He REALLY misses it and I can't wait to get his tank cycled so he can have his algae snacks. Maybe his pickiness is due to the lack of algae?

Paul

God, he's soooooo pretty!!!!!! :heart It amazes me the changes he goes thru. He has quite the tail now too. :heart

Oh, he has really grown! He's a beauty! How old is he now?

Such a beautiful little fish! I hope all goes well with him!

He would be a year now... almost to teh day!

Just been reading the whole thread & I can't believe I've missed all these until now!

Congrats Paul & Errika, Spud is gorgeous!!! :heart

Errika, u said Spud is a year old now. So when u shipped him to Paul, he was about 6-7 months old? I noticed Paul said in an earlier post at that time Spud was about 1.5 inches long. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would've thought that a 6 month-old fish should be considerably bigger than 1.5 inches <_< maybe?

Anyway Spud is looking AWESOME! Can't wait to see his development ;)

Wow! your right Erika! :o:lol:

Little Spudsters a year old now! :D

Nah, not all fish grow that fast. Fancy goldfish dont really get their growth spurts until after they have actually assimilated the basic body shape and whatnot. You should have seen the largest of the batch of fry before Spud. He was twie Spuds size. So, you get a lot of variation when your crossing two different bloodlines of fish. Thats why they always say that when breeding, you should never worry about the F1's, its the mixes you get frm the batche of fry from the F1's that are important. Or something along those lines anyway...... :rolleyes:

Now, if you were to concentrate on growing a fish out really fast and large, like you would cattle, then you could feed them nothing but protiens and boost the water currents so that muscle and body mass is optimized.

Spud is a man of leisure. He doesn't need to be all buff to get the girls..... ;):lol: