Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Whitie Update W/pics

Velvet is gold specks right? I've never seen a picture, so I don't know for sure. But Whitie has had this gold on her head for a couple of months. I think maybe it's just her colour, but it does sort of look like specks or dust. Maybe someone who knows what velvet looks like can tell me. I think I am just being paranoid now ;o)

She is swimming all around now and not just laying on the bottom. But she still has the red blood streaks on her tummy. I think they have faded a bit today, they looked worse yesterday.

Whi.jpg

That is the gold colour on her head.

w.jpg

Another of the gold colour. Sorry for all the dust on my camera, I had it at the barn.

And this is the blood on her tummy.

white.jpg

Thanks guys.

If you think this is velvet or think of anything else that I will need med wise, please speak up, I can stop at the petstore tonight. It's in another town and I don't get there much.

She is being treated with maracyn two and metromeds.

Jessica

I was just reading about velvet, and my fish don't have any of those symptoms, well other than whitie being lethargic for a week, and the gold colour on her head.

Wouldn't my other fish and Whitie as well, be flashing, and sick.

Wow, I'm scared now, I cross contaminate all of my tanks all the time, which means if this is velvet, I'll have to medicate all my fish. And how do you medicate loaches =o(

*crosses fingers* that it's just her colour.

I hope someone see's this soon, I'm freaking out!!! =o/

You said Whitie had the gold colouration on her head for a couple of months. If it was Velvet she would be long gone and so probably would be some other fish. It's probably just natural colour, one of my white orandas occasionally gets a bit yellow on the wen, then it fades again.

Her tummy doesn't look too bad, glad the streaks appear to be disappearing. How are her gills? Is she opening and closing her mouth quickly? If there is problem with oxygen delivery the smaller blood vessels can rupture and cause those streaks. Just another thought to look into.

Thank you! I am breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Her gills look really good. Maybe a bit paler than usual, but not too bad. And they are not raw or imflamed.

She isn't gasping at all either.

The only real symptom she's shown was lethargy. She was bottom sitting for a week, but her dorsal fin was up. Then at the one week mark, her dorsal fin went down and she seemed to have trouble getting off the bottom at all. Like she swallowed a weight or something. Prior to that she could still swim around at feeding time.

She also had the red marks on her stomach, which I thought were from sitting on the glass beads on the bottom of the main tank (could be there because of something else though) and her tail split up.

That's when I put her in the hospital. She is swimming well now. And is acting normal. At the end of this maracyn treatment, I'm going to move her into a larger tank alone for a few weeks to finish her recovery and metromeds.

Jessica

Awww Jess! :o

Whitie wasn't doing too well, huh? She looks pretty good from what your saying though. I'm glad to report to you that I also don't believe you are seeing oodinium (velvet). More than likely, some latent coloration since it is only on her head.

It sounds like the maracyn and metromed did the trick for you. I'm glad. Whities a big beautiful girl and shes still one of KGW's star goldies! :heart

Good luck Jess! :D