Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest princesspam

Pease Help, Oranda Ill!

Guest princesspam

I have had my 2 Oranda goldfish for around 4 months now, they are still only babies but recently i noticed they were looking a bit down. Today I had a close look at them and noticed that they have red on parts of their bodies, as if they are bleeding under their scales, I changed all the water and cleaned the gravel and changed the filter sponge but as Im not sure what the problem is I do not know how and if i can treat them.

Please can anyone help?

thanks alot

Hello and welcome!!

If you could provide us more information from the above questions asked in the box would help us greatly.

The red spots do not sound good. Without anymore info it would be hard to say but septicimia could be the illness.

We need to know what the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates as well as ph are in your tank. If you don't have testing kits you will need them or have the store do it for you but have them write down the info to pass along to us.

Are you familar with a cycle of a tank? Please read up on this I am afraid this may be causing your problem. Water quality is everything to fish and it is important to know what is dangerous and not.

If you changed all the water, and cleaned everything, you probably just crashed your cycle.

I would do 30% water changes with temperature matched de-chlorinated water EVERY day, until you can find out what your water parameters are. Crashing your cycle will cause harmful ammonia buildup in your tank, that will make your fish's condition worse.

Good luck

Jessica