Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest VxShady

Fish Are Freaking Me Out

Guest VxShady

So, my 55 gallon is right next to my bed. I mean.. RIGHT next to it. I've noticed it before, but its usually gone aways pretty fast. Right now, I'm attempting to sleep, and I hear grinding, squeaking, squealing, and chirping noises. Constantly. I noticed its when the fish are chasing eachother. I just did a slightly major overhaul to the tank like an hour ago, so maybe they're more frisky cause of that. Its either the fish or I have pet mice I didn't know about. Either way it is freaking me out! Hehehe.. do dojo loaches make noises too? I'm wondering if they're in on it. They seemed more frightened by the changes I made. Also, I took out a BUNCH of stuff, its way less cluttered in there so maybe the sounds just carrying better. If thats the case, I'm restuffing the tank full of stupid stuff.

I'm no expert, but that sounds a lot like breeding behavior.

did the fish have places in the tank that they stayed in before you worked on it?

I am wondering if you moved stuff around and took some out if they are not figuring out their thritory again?

I have experienced these sounds before. I'm pretty sure it is them looking for food, and knocking pebbles or rocks against the glass.

It could be both. I had hamsters a long time ago and they would always annoy me by cratching their claws on the glass! When my goldies were in my room when I lived with my mom, the would always make noises by pecking on the gravel and droping it, or when they rubbed against the gravel, or when the went to the top to get a quick gulp of air. :)

I like the popping noises they make at the surface.. it's so cute!

i think theyre just squirting water at your or blowing bubbles. its natural. and since your tank is RIGHT next to your bed... if i were you, id move it because i think its not safe. you could knock the tank down..

lol, my ranchus make lots of noise they are for ever doing dolphin dives in the water, and they also make the gulping noise, and they move the pebbles about, like they are digging for a worm, i think the larger your fish are the louder these noises will be.

Guest VxShady

The placement of it is fine. I don't do flips in my sleep or anything. I sleep on the other side of the bed from it. Its where I've made my groove. I can't get out of the hole. Hehehehe. I think its the territory thing. I took LOTS out so they'd have more space. I had way too many plants in it, and this big ol honkin decoration that was just a nuisance. My little white ugly fantail is particularly upset about it. My plants used to fold over and make this little hidey hole for him. He'd spend the majority of his time there. He's a shy one. Now he's got few places to hide. I think the squealings from them rubbing down the side of the glass.