Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tom

Whats Your Favourite Scenic Item

what Scenery for a tank looks the best?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. what Scenery for a tank looks the best?

• Drift wood
    • plants
    • pot plants
    • pebbles
    • caves
    • Novelties e.g-scuba man and treasure chest with bubbles

I have 1/4'' layer of gravel and 1 bridge + 1 hollow ornament...

Guest VxShady

I have about an inch of gravel, then a corner of an inch of sand for my dojos. All of my ornaments are the solid roman columns from vvvv. Then I have about fifty billion silk plants, and one little plastic bush thingy for the dojos to hide in. My favorites is probably the plants.. cept for right now cause EVERYTHING is completely covered in brown algae and I just cleaned it all out like two and a half weeks ago. <_< And I'm currently attempting to pass a kidney stone and am really.. really.. not in the mood to clean it all out again so its gonna sit for a while.

Nice, I have driftwood, bubble wall about 2-3 inches of pebbles a hollow pot a little whale like ornament and thats about it, Currently though my fantail is sick and is lodging its self between the pot and drift wood to rest :'(

Edited by tom

I love plants swaying in the current-- I had an ornament there for a while, it looked like a chunk of a Roman or Greek pediment. Kind of like a Medusa? I took it out recently just to change things up a bit.

Sorry to hear about the kidney stone, Vx :(

Guest dhausam

I have fallen in love with real plants - In my 20 gal, I have about an inch of black gravel, a bunch of anacharis, plus two more anacharis potted in a glass coffee cup, and a dragon hoarding marbles. The shubunkin I have in there seems to think the anacharis is pretty neat, too. :)

My 10 gal has a mix of two tones of natural colored gravel, and a couple of plastic plants. It's a little sparse. I'm thinking of taking out the plastic and putting some anacharis in there too.

Guest PenelopeFish

My tank is really boring because I have to clean it so much. I've opted for some drift wood and some pottery shards. It ain't pretty! But I have big plans for my next tank. A 55 gallon! I want to have potted grasses and beach rocks in there. It'll be beautiful. I'm thinking beach glass and china shards will be nice too. Don't worry, the shards and the glass aren't sharp. They've been smoothed out by the ocean.

-PenelopeFish :heart

i do just love bogwood (or driftwood as you guys like to call it) although i only have one real piece and one fake in the tank, bogwood really comes into its own when it has a prant growing off it !

mine are caves. <3<3! it keeps my pleco happy and my GF curious.

I love driftwood but have learned not to have the filthy stuff in my tank - it is so pretty but it does harbour diseases and makes a mess... sigh.

I also love real plants and natural pebbles / rocks on a gravel bed, which is what I mostly use to decorate my tank.

This is an interesting new idea for a poll! :)

Guest calico4

I like the caves. It is sooo cute when a fishy goes in it and pokes his head out. :heart

I have 1' to 1 1/2 ' of gravel in mine.

I have 3 plants ( fake)

- calico

I have about an inch of black rocks on the bottom, and then a layer of large black river rocks on the bottom of my 55 gallon. Then on both sides of the tank I have a pice of drift wood and airstones blowing tiny bubbles from behind them. Then I have about 10 live plants. Most potted, two of them not potted. In the middle I have this old looking cracked up pot that has a live plants potted in it. I have a solid black background. Most of the backgrounds around here at LFS are coral themes, so I opted for the black. I really love my tank.

I think my favorite part of the tank is the live plants and drift wood. They look so pretty! And to watch them grow looks awsome!

haha.. I used to have caves, but I woke up one morning to find my big fat girl stuck inside it, her head was poking out one end and her tail was sticking out the other...her big fat gut was stuck in the middle....ooh, memories...rofl...I lke plants now.....better for my plus size girls..lol

Bogwood is a new name i have herd for Driftwood, Must be different names for it in different countries, Well It is good to see everyone has reacted to the poll and put there 2cents worth into it :D

B) I have about an inch and a half of gravel and five plastic plants. Soon, though, I'm getting some driftwood, real plants, and some real decor! :fishtank::goldfish:

Ive got a huge bit of drift wood in my tank and it looks very nice, the fish seem to enjoy swimming around it though, make sure to wash over it before putting it into the tank, as I was told. Alot of pollutants in the wood that you need to bring out with conditioners etc

I voted for plants. I love a fully planted tank. Its like a underwater rainforest (wacko) :krazy: , or something like that. :D

Edited by Ruffledmumkin

I just love plants - real plants, altough i also love pebbles too. :)

I like my tanks to look natural, so I use pebbles, wood and real plants :)

I found this quite hard to decide .... because all the different parts make the tank beautiful in different ways ...

I voted for plants but I also love the rocks and I think the ornaments and bubbles make the tank special too :)

I enjoyed my first poll, Ill think up other ones soon To keep kokos website special :rofl