60 members have voted

1. 1. How old is your oldest fish?

• less than 12mths
    • one year to two years
    • two years to five years
    • five years to eight years
    • eight years to twelve years
    • older than 12 years

I've read on the board that goldfish can live to be 20 years old. I was just wondering how old everyone's fishes are? Most of my fish are babies, the oldest are two comets at 3yrs.

Rocky is 7 (That I have had him - but he is a little older for he was a 2 incher when I got him).

My oldest is only about 1-1/2years old I think. He was small when I got him, I've had him that long.

i have a 3 year old fish

I think Tom got Goldie either last May or June, but BILL who is MY fish, we've had just a couple of months :wub:

This is an interesting questions. From what I have read, fancy goldfish seem to have a shorter lifespan than commons.

I have only been keeping goldfish for the last three years, so my oldest goldfish is three years.

My oldest is Pharoh, I got him in 2001 and he was already 2" long Im assuming this fish is atleast 5 years old :D

post-1-1110651632_thumb.jpg

post-1-1110651647_thumb.jpg

My oldest goldfish is about 7 to 8 years, but i've only had

him for about 2 years now

I bought Willow and Firefly, my two fantails, last summer. They're about 2 1/2" -3" long. I'm not sure how old they are though.

My darlings will be 2 years in summer... :D:heart

my pair i think, must be comming up on 5?

I have only had this bunch for about 4-5 months... but i had my old fishes 8-12 years...

Guest PenelopeFish

My oldest fish is almost a 9 months old. I love to watch her grow!

PenelopeFish :heart

I got my oldest fish last year august but I'm not sure how old they are.They were about 2" when I got them :unsure:

Guest StPaulGoldfish

My oldest is a Ryukin that is 14. He is pretty geriatric. Then I have two that are 10 and 11 each. They are about 12 and 14 inches long. I bought them as comets, but as I described in my post yesterday (my fish are too big) I think they are the result of some special breeding. I also have a comet that is 9 years old. They are tough buggers.

That amazing S.P.G, did you get them as a kid?

I just read your thread. btw a friend of mine got her fish from the markets about 5 years ago when they were really small. The seller said they were mongrels and only charge 50 cents each.

Now they have grown to a decent size (around 5") and one of them has a beautiful flowing tail, it is amost a veiltale.

I got my first two, Goldie and Tricky, over 5 years ago when they were about 2 inches long. And Elvis the Amazing Veiltail is over 4 years old now. :D

Guest Foppy

I got my oldest fish, Norb, six years ago. He was probably at least a year old at the time, so I'd guess him to be around 7.

I got my oldest fish in early 1997, her friend who I got at the same time died due to a tumor 2 months ago. But she is still swmming fine. She turned 8 (in my tank) last week. I got her when she was 1.5-2" so she must be older than 8 :)

I've had GEF about 4 years now, I think. Bought him when he was just a tiny thing, and now he's huge! I call him the stomach with fins :lol:

Two of my oldest fish are Precious, a lionhead, who is around 7 years old, and a big telescope with big eyes. I got her as a little baby from Petsupermarket, and that was 6 years ago.

Guest calico4

I think my oldest is one of my fantails, but i have had my 2 comets and my 2 commons for around a year. :)

-calico