Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
declan

Stocking Level Question.

I finally got my new tank for my lionhead, she was quite happy in a 10 gallon, but i spotted her twin but a different color, so i got a 22 gallon, well 84 litres, so not quite sure of us conversion. So i will have two lionheads in there, however i have 5 white cloud minnows that currently live in a tropical tank at 24c, could i move them into the cold water tank, will they be ok adjusting. Now my other option was regarding algae, as i plan to plant up, was a butterfly plec. So can i add either of these.

Yes!! :D

Does anyone know how large butterfly plecs grow? And will the white clouds be ok going from tropical to coldwater?

Guest VxShady

The white clouds should be find in a coldwater tank, just acclimate them slowly. Thats like sitting in hot tub then jumping into the swimming pool. BRRRR!

Remember that the pleco counts as "1 fish" in a 22 gallon tank. So you will have about 3 1/2 goldies in a 22 gallon tank. With those 2 goldies, various white clouds and a pleco you are going to have to work a bit to keep the water parameters under control in the tank. As the goldies grow, you may find that your tank is too over stocked for easy care......

Sounds like pretty fish - pictures?????

:)

Hello all, this no net access is killing me, will sort soon. I haven't yet bought a butterfly plec, just considered one as a algae controller and they look cute, as will plant the tank. The white clouds that currently live in the tropical tank were intended to go with goldfish but they died. So i thought about moving them upstairs and putting some other fish downstairs. So it was either white clouds or plec, not both. As i want my to lionheads to be happy fish, not overstocked, i with leave the white clouds in a bucket next to the cold water tank for 6 or so hours to help them acclimitize.

they should be ok but in my mind i would never put goldfish with tropical fish as they have very differant needs

White clouds are more coldwater than tropical.