Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PenelopeFish

Crazy Fish!

Guest PenelopeFish

Hi everyone,

I have a very cute Lionhead goldfish. She has so much personality! I have been a little nervous lately though, because she goes a little crazy sometimes. If she knows she is being fed, or if I stick my fingers in the tank, she swims like a nutso! She does flips and twists. She is the fastest fish in the tank, even though her fins are smaller than everyone else's. I think this behavior is the cutest thing, and I really hope it is normal. She seems to be a VERY healthy fish... But why does she go so crazy? I mean, she REALLY zooms around the tank (but only when I get close to the tank). She is pretty mellow normally. Does anyone else have a fish like this?

-PenelopeFish :heart

Guest Kameira

Is the ammonia okay? If it weren't, why would it only affect one fish though... maybe she's just energetic. Sounds fine to me. :idont

Guest PenelopeFish

Oh yea, the ammonia is fine. I thought that might have been the "problem", but I don't think it is. Maybe she just loves me (or the food)!

Guest Kameira

Sounds like a crazy fish to me. There's not really anything to worry about. On the other hand, I know almost nothing. Let's find someone else to help you...

My fish used to do that, I think she's mellowing w/ age...

I have one that acts crazy like that anytime I come close. I choose to think it is love and not a greedy fish looking for more food! But when it is feeding time Thunder practically bobs on top of Fiona's head to get her out of the way. (and he gets the most food, he certainly isn't hungry!) :rofl

She's probably just excited about eating, but I would do a complete water change just to make sure.

Guest PenelopeFish

Ok, Thanks everyone. I did a very thorough cleaning of her tank, and she is still as excited as ever! I guess she is just a little crazy, and so cute!

PenelopeFish :heart

She probably just has a enthusiastic and bubbly personality. :D She sounds very cute.

Fish gets excited because they recognise that you feeds him/her food and do the crazy dance to beg for food, my fish do that all the time when i get near.

did you say you feed peas? My fish just had a SBD flare and we're eating peas and she's going NUTS! maybe there's extra sugar or something in the peas....

Guest VxShady

My goldies don't get quite that excited when I come in. When I enter the room though all five of them are squished into the corner closest to the door staring at me. And the tanks right next to my bed, so every morning I open my eyes and all five of them are at the other corner, closest to the head of my bed, staring at me. I constantly feel like I'm being watched.. :huh:

thats how my lionhead Newt is. even when she was with the commons and orandas she was zooming around, playing chase and giving the commons a run for their money ;)

crazy lionheads.....

Guest dhausam

Wow, I thought I had to only fish that begs like a dog!! He's in the living room and he goes crazy begging if I or dh come within six feet or so of his tank.

Desiree

but I would do a complete water change just to make sure.

I feel so stupid! I never meant to say "complete water change". I meant to say complete water test. :ignore

I better check my wording before I post. So sorry.

LOL, both my little lionheads are like that, they both love eating off my hand, for the size they swim fast, but at feeding time they go nuts..

Aww! I think it is wonderful for your fish to behave like that! Typical behavior of a healthy goldfish is begging for food, swimming around etc. Food is number one in the life of a goldfish.

Food=life=love. :)