technogold

How Many Of Us Put The Tank Before The Fish

Are you ready for your new fish?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready for your new fish?

• My tank is set up properly, now to find the fish of my dreams
    • I understock just in case I find the fish of my dreams
    • I can handle being overstocked, I have found my dreamfish
    • I have my dreamfish in a bag, what to do now?
    • Special circumstance, rescue fish, had to do it!

I have been restarting my 55 gallon tank and will be going on a goldie quest this weekend at the lfs. I was just curious how many of us have a plan before we get new fish.

Guest VxShady

I try to have a plan.. but for some reason it doesn't always work out that way. :unsure:

i plan very carefully!

Before kokos I never would've thought of planning before buying.But now I try and plan first :D

Guest VxShady

Yeah I fall in love with golden dojo loaches every time I see em. But I have to smack my hand away now. I have four of them already. They're so lovey towards eachother its great. :heart Today I was gonna take a picture of them all piled up on eachother, but they moved before I could get my camera. :(

You didn't have my response, already overstocked, daren't look at any more fish! :)

i am quite under stocked so that if i do find the fish that i like witch i am getting to moz i still will not be overstocked

I get the tank set up and cycled before I get fish. I like not having to worry about fish during cycling or overstocking.

My experience doesn't quite fit the descriptions above, but I voted dream fish in bag first.

I was called a work mid afternoon to pick up my son from school. Seems he had won a class raffle at the end of the school year and won one of the class fish. The bus driver wouldn't let him on with a live animal. So we ended up with the fish first then had to figure out how to set up the tank.

Now I set the tank up first before adding fish.

I set up my QT first than go out and look for fish, but i never seems to control my self when i walk in a fish shop.

WHen I set the tank up last year I made sure I had everything just right. Stocked it to the max. Once problems started with my female oranda I gave her and another their own tank.

Now for what I have been waiting for. I keep the main tank understocked, so that dream "lemonhead" can come home someday!!

haha...pre kokos, I was like, "ooh...I got 4 fish all like, sitting on each other in a bowl...maybe I should get a tank..."

now i plan waaaay ahead.....

shopping for a new 20l as we speak!

I keep my tank very understocked now so that if I do find a dream fish I will have room for it (though I'm not actively looking for one). :)

But in the past, I was always the one standing in the kitchen with a new fish in a bag, desperately looking round for a container to stick it in while I set a tank up! :lol:

Before I was overstocked majorally. But now Im understocked. And everyone thinks Im crazy because I have to Fish in a HUGE 30gal tank and it had like 4 fake plants floating on top and then my ten gal hood on one side of the tank...and yeah....its not pretty and looks kind of bare...but money is tight and its just a undergoing process....

ahahaha....emma...you sound like me!!!

grabbing some old cereal bowl to stash the fish while I throw together a tank!!! :rofl

i have good intentions but sometimes a fish will jump out at me and i just cant walk away :newfish

I plan, always have.. it goes as follows..

Go to pet store, no intention of a purchase..

Love strikes..

Walk out with new fish..

Realise I need a new tank.

I try hard not too but it?s always the same..

Working in a pet store... i ALWAYS end up with rescues... though now Im just having to say no... and let the people with PONDS take them.... lol!

arg.. today will be tough... new fish arrive.... theres already two in there i would take home in a hot second.... but i wont...