Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DataGuru

The New 125 Is Finally Set Up!

The ozelot sword bloomed today. The bloom's about an inch across.

SwordOzelotBloom050405b.jpg

Edited by DataGuru

Congratulations! The bloom is lovely :D

How are things going with the soil substrate?

It's still bubbling out gasses quite a bit. The plants are doing great tho. The endlers and snails don't seem to be affected by the gas. Need to get some new pics.. it's a jungle now.

ok... It's been about 6 weeks now, and it's still making gas bubbles. Seems worse in the areas that don't have roots in them yet. The Endlers and snails seem happy. Found a clutch of mystery snail eggs yesterday.

Tank125050406a.jpg

Left side: The ozelot sword has a new stalk with several plantlets on it.

Tank125050406b.jpg

Middle: I think I like the chain swords better than the hairgrass. I've already had to prune the sunset hygro.

Tank125050406c.jpg

Right side: The Wysteria is finally filling up the corner.

Tank125050406d.jpg

Guest yabbie

Wow! The big fish and the tank are amazing. How big are those big fish?

I live on a sand belt and mondo grass and wysteria are two of the things that will grow in the ground here... altho mondo does love being near the pond... I wouldn't have thought it would grow underwater. And the wysteria must be something named after wysteria. Don't your big goldfish devastate the plants?

I can't get anything to grow in my pond for very long. I got some of those beautiful African cabbages, the ones you see on hippos noses when they rise out of the water in nature programs, which change colour with the light levels and seem to glow at night... the goldfish ate all the roots and root cores within days.

A friend has black taro growing in his pond, which has a lovely mello yellow flower contrasting the black stems... my black taro grows happily in the sand around the pond too tho.

Wow! They're amazing. Looks like a lot of effort and patience went into building them up :)

My brother just purchased himself a monster tank also which he's currently cycling but i think he's trying for a clear bottom. Will have to show him these pics. He's concerned a clear bottom will look strange... he stands back every 5 minutes umming and ahhing and waffling about it looking naked :lol:

They're fabulous DG.

Looks great! The plants have really tanken off, haven't they? I am happy that the Endler's and the snails haven't been bothered by the off gassing of the soil.

Congratulations :D

Awww. Poor guy! :crp

His tail looks in shambles. I sure hope you got rid of the costia. Are the scrapes coming up negative? How is everybody now? :huh:

I pullin for 'em........ :heart

:o I just love that tank with all the plants! I love plants, you have such a beautiful tank. The ryukin is nice...

Thanks you guys. :)

Yabbie: They're all up to between 8 and 10 inches long. I feed lots of veggies, and think that helps with keeping plants in with the goldies. They do love to each duckweed, salvenia and frogbit, but turn up their noses at the other plants.

Paul: Bugsy lost a lot of tail. I didn't see any costia on the scrapes, so he appears to be on the mend. I'm very pleased that all it took was .3% salt and a micron filter. Stripe's boo boo on her tail seems better. and everyone is acting fine. Most of the salt is out and the plant filter is running again. and the salt didn't mess with the biofilter! :)

Goldies050406a.jpg

Now, if the 125 would just hurry up and get ungassy we'd be in business!

Your tank is really something. I can't imagine being able to have a tank like that.

Yabbie: ALmost forgot... the wysteria is hygro difformis. Not the same as terrestrial wysteria.

Queenie: can't wait till the goldies are in it! Want some Endlers!? LOL

I absolutely love that setup. I would love for my fish to have such, what is the word, luxury. You have very lucky babies.

Ooh and maniacholic, I looked at the photos of your kids and they are all so pretty.

Both of you guys seem to spend alot of time in selection and utmost care for your babies, I really resect that. You both have very lucky pets to have such attentative parents. Keep up the good work. I am just beside myself and feel as though I need to get with the program :krazy:

Carrie

I absolutely love that setup.  I would love for my fish to have such, what is the word, luxury.  You have very lucky babies.

Ooh and maniacholic, I looked at the photos of your kids and they are all so pretty.

Both of you guys seem to spend alot of time in selection and utmost care for your babies, I really resect that.  You both have very lucky pets to have such attentative parents.  Keep up the good work.  I am just beside myself and feel as though I need to get with the program :krazy:

Carrie

311713[/snapback]

As for the best care-taker, Betty, Dataguru takes the cake I rely on her research alot, and un-like her i didn't develope much for optimum diets :lol:

:D The plants are really coming along along and they seemed

to grow alot. Very beautiful.

pretty! I wish i had a tank that big. Sadly I'm 12, have no room what so ever, and lots of other things that prevent me from gettin gone. The main one being parents.

296571[/snapback]

I feel your pain Moorio..One or two goldies is never enough huh? :P

Any news on the de-gasing, Betty? BTW, I don't wonna be you when time comes to get those endlers out of the tank! :lol:

We fished 50 males out last weekend to sell. couldn't tell the difference in the number of endlers in the tank! LOL

The tank's filling in quite nicely. the pygmy chain swords are carpeting most of the left hand side now, and I planted some more on the right side cuz the hairgrass just wasn't cutting it. hairgrass doesn't have much of a root system. It's a jungle now, but I still see bubbles. Not as much as before tho.

I haven't been doing the pressing on the substrate thing much lately cuz I've been so darned busy with work and sick goldies. Still haven't managed to kill the velvet yet, tho I think I know why now. don't think I treated long enough with quick cure... then the PP and micron filters were just enough to keep it under control, but not kill it. grrr so when I finished the round of PP, it came right back, so I'm at day 4 of 14 days of formalin. I'll bet it'll be ready to try out by the time I get em healthy again.

That tank is AMAZING... :druel

one day I will have my own planted tank... one day..

:lol2

:bubbles