Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 020292

Bredding

Guest 20292
:( Hi, i am a new user and i have 4 goldfish and one of them seems to be chasing the other three round and round and round the tank and when i read the website that says that they are breeding and making eggs but i do not see any clear or cloudy apperance? Does anybody have any ideas about if they are breeding or not becuase i really want baby goldfish so i can watch them grow. The one fish will go to the other three after one gets tired and then it will rest and then go at it again? Is this normal or what? HELP HELP

You could post this in the breeding section, do you see breeding tubicles on the males? If so, then they are breeding.

It could be that the male is ready, but the females are not yet. Or that the females are simply too young, while the male is a bit bigger. If you feed all of them more frequently, and a little bit more with each feeding, that will help the females get ready and develop eggs... :)

Of course, with heavier feedings the water changes need to be more frequent as well.

020292, in regards to the question you have sent me, the spots could very well be eggs, and they will hatch in about 3-5 days, depending on the temperature of the tank. If they were fertilized you will see 2 tiny little spots inside the eggs after a few days, while the eggs turn white/opaque if they weren't fertilized.

Btw, the report button you used is only for cases in which there is an inappropriate post somewhere on the board, and that post needs to come to the mods attention. It is not for private messaging back and forth. For future questions, please put those into the breeding section - I am there every day quite a lot, and will surely see it.

Just for today, I'll let it pass though.... :rofl

I hope for you that the eggs indeed are fertilized, and you'll have some offspring from your fish! :)

Guest 20292

Well when i looked at the clear things Thursday night and there are little red and brown things all around the little bowl that i took the clear things out of. Do you really think these are eggs becuase i would really like to have baby goldfish and i am sorry for the report becuase i did not know becuase i am a new user. thanks for helping me!!! Can goldfish and guppies go together becuase our school has guppies and i mght bring them home for the summer? can they be in the same tank? Is there anything that i can get from this website mailed to me for free like care sheets for goldfish or a magazine that this website has that i can get mailed? thanks again!! How do you change the icon that you want to show before your username!!!!! Thanks again!!!!

How big exactly are those red/brown things in the bowl? Here is a picture of goldfish eggs...Does it look anything like that?

As for the guppy/goldfish combination, not a good one. Guppies are tropicals, which have different food requirements, as well as water issues. THey need a heated tank, while goldfish do not. And a goldfish might gobble down the guppy thinking that it is food. Is has happened.... :rolleyes:

For any kind of care sheets, try this link...Goldfish care Everything important is there, and you can print out whatever you need.

post-6-1108689799_thumb.jpg

Guest 20292

the little things kind of look liek that but they are not as gray? If these are not eggs is there anyway that i can have baby goldfish becuase i woulkd really like to have baby goldfish? How common is it for goldfish to have babies becuase the french teacher says thatit is not common for goldfish to have babies

Guest 20292

When i took the things out of the normal tank i place them in a gallon pitcher and setting it on the floor by the other tank, is this okay? Please help me. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Guest 20292

How do you place a picture from your camera onto this website becuase then i can show you the brownish things that i am talking about.

Dean

Dean, if you go to Photobucket.com and sign up there (its free) you can upload pictures from your computer to photobucket, and then post the picture here by using the "image" button.

Guest 20292

I am so sorry but the brownish things are too small for my camera to get close enough for you to see the, but i would like to send it to the tank pictures. How do you do that?

Dean <_< :goldfish :goodluck:thanks

Guest 20292

What is the best type of filter to use with a goldfish tank becuase i have a bio-wheel and a undergravel filter? Is it okay to have both so the water stays clear. The undergravel one takes out the gases and odor from the fish tank.

Guest 20292

When i went to photobucket it says that you have to be 16 or older and i just turned 13.

Guest 20292

Those must not have been eggs becuaseb after 6 days they did not hatch and they were more brown and they were turning all moldy.

Dean

Too bad, maybe it was something else. Do you have snails in the tank? Or the eggs just weren't fertilized....

Don't give up, there is always next time! :)

Guest 20292

I have one snail!!! Do you know what the best type of filter is? Bio-Wheel or undergrqavel or is it okay to have both?

Dean

Guest 20292

I believe that 2 of my gf are pregenant becuase they have rounded belly's iwht little spots by the area.....

Dean