Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Could This Be Causing All My Problems?

Ok as some of you know, I've been having a lot of problems with my fish lately. Some have even died.

I have about 20 different bags and containers of food LOL

Today in one of the newer bags, I found a worm, it does not seem to be alive, they are brown and crusty OMG. This is a bag of pellets.

I don't know about fish, but with horses if you feed from wormy bags, you are in serious trouble. All sorts of bad things can happen.

Could this wormy food be linked to all of my problems? Floatieness, bacterial infections/dropsy???

Now I have to go through all of my food, I am really scared because some of it I have had for a few months, this bag was one of the newer ones!!!

YIKES

Jessica

That is kind of creepy, Jessica.

I am guessing that if you are feeding from wormy bags you are asking for trouble. If the worms have laid eggs, or defecated in there... well you get the idea. You are basically feeding your fish the waste from those worms.

Could you take a pic of the worms maybe? I am curious to see if we can't find out what type of worm it is.

I tend to agree with Florissa. Feed with worms in it whether horses or any animal you are in for potintial problems. Now whether or not it is the source of your problem..........hmmm. Could be.

Where did you get the food? Can you return it, or even call the company?

Good luck..............YUCK!!

I got the food at the lfs!

I cannot take pictures of the worms because I already threw the food out! One of the worms was alive! I don't like worms =o(

They were brownish red colour. And were pretty small.

My poor poor fish!!

Jessica

If one of the worms was alive then the food has definately been contaminated from somewhere. Do you keep your fishfood in the same cupboard as your food? If so, better check your own food as well.