Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
panda-oranda1030

Working For Your Goldfish

how much time & labor do you put in your tank?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. how much time & labor do you put in your tank?

• What?!?!?, I'm not a slave I just spent 7 days and nights over it without sleep or eat.
    • Oh yea, I guess I'm a slave I just spent $1,000 on my fish.Uh-huh, my fish tank is there and I know it, I spent all yesterday workin' on it :)
    • what fish tank?, I have a fish tank?!?!?!?!?!?!?

me too! always buying the fish stuff!!!

yep, can't afford anything exept fish stuff!!! LOL :lol:

im their best friend. thats what i am.

I'm the second one. My husband and my friends think I have an obsessive disorder when it comes to my GF, but I know I'm normal when I came here and share experiences and stories :lol:

:exactly Oh yeah, I'm also voted #2

My hubby discovered I have spent close to 70.00 just on food, then watches me feed them most of the time things we are eating for dinner. Yesterday he didn't even ask why I was buying babyfood. He's also gotten used to seeing me wrap up small tidbits from the salad and seafood bar when we dine out. :whistle

But you guys understand, right?

Robin

I'm definitely # 2 :D

Guest sourmilknightmares

I've got to be number one. I'll stay up 'til the early morning hours doing tank changes, especially when the fish are sick. I also have a tendancy to eat less when my fish are sick. I get all nervous, my stomach starts to feel bad and I don't seem to want to eat. Ehh, I'm a high stress person. I really wish that there were more fish vets and that they didn't cost so gosh awful much.

Edited by sourmilknightmares

Yeah, me too, I'm number one especially when fish are sick.

Guest barbie
:D I wish I had the $$$$$ to be a #2 I'm #1 I can spen hours cleaning, decorating, HAND feeding......And I do . My husband says I'm a good fish mommy, some day I'll try it on "real" kids. For now the fish are my babies and they deserve the best I can give them. My family too thinks Im a little Obsessive with them , You should have seen my mom's face when I told her I was making them home made food! :rofl

Of course I'm a slave to my fishies, I'm their humble servant, I feed them, talk to them and clean up after them! :food If I had more money I'd spend it on them, buy tanks, plants, decorations and lots of food so I could vary their diet every day... My husband thinks I'm nuts about the fish, but it's really like having small children again (especially the fry raising part). I love them! :D

After reading this thread, I sat back and thought about it. Well, my goldfish (and other animals) get more treats and attention than I afford myself! :rolleyes:

Yeah I know that I spend a lot of money on my tank. The proof being that I have a beautiful tank and beautiful fish, yet I don't own a car. :ignore

Yeah, my goldies got me whipped,

Robyn

Guest FoxyStoat

well am ashamed to say it but am a number three, i havent spent loads n loads of money on the tank or the food etc...mostly cos i got them all cheap from a pet store that i worked in.

Also number one..well my fish are treated to luxory but i dont slave over them, except when they get sick..hence why am a messlie number one, i feel so guilty now everyone else is good :(

FoxyStoat:goldfish

I am #2 with some #1 thrown in too! I am a vet tech and the people at work think I am fish nuts!! I just got my 7th tank, a 75 gallon, and I am actually think of getting a $300 light so I can have good plants in it!?! (Shhh, I haven't told my husband, lol!)

I am feeling very guilty now because they all need their weekly water change but I don't have any water conditioner. I had to wait all day yesterday for some guys to come by to give us some estimates (who never came!) then I was up all night, (got to bed at 10 AM) from a girl scout event! I slept most of the day, the stores are closed and I am wondering if I am a bad fishie mom because they will have to wait 1 more day!

I also have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 4 teenagers! My husband says I have to stop taking my maternal feelings that the teenagers don't want and putting them into getting more animals! The sad thing is, he is right! :rolleyes:

Any time I start thinking like maybe the goldies have me totally enslaved, Daryl quickly fixes that thought - he will try to go swimming in a tank, will climb into my water bucket, eat the fish food and generally get hair into every impellor in the house. He is louder and more demanding than any fish......... :lol:

And - since he is sitting on top of my monitor reading everything I am writing.....

I LIKE THE FISH BETTER, DARYL..........

:lol: He is mad at me now...... :lol: I expect he will now go hide something - yesterday he took the syphon hose and hid it behind the living room drapes...........