Who Has A Tank In Their Kitchen?

Who has a tank in their kitchen?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a tank in their kitchen?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Used to.
    • Thinking about it.

My boyfriend thinks it's strange that we have a tank in our kitchen. It's a 5 gallon hex with goldfish fry and baby snails.

I'm pretty sure that Martinez and Fisharenewtome have tanks in their kitchens...am I right?

I have a 10 gal. in my kitchen. I enjoy it there. That's where my guppies, tetras and cory cats live.

I dont have a tank in my kicthen, only becuase my kitchen is small and bench space is limited :)

I would if I could though ;)

:rolleyes: I have them almost everywhere else! The only reason thatI don't have one in the kitchen is because ,A) My kitchen is very drafty,and 2) Theres neither counter space nor plugs to Handle it all. :rolleyes::yeah::lol:

I had my 55 in the dining room/kitchen (their joined.. its weird) for a long time, and then my 16 later untill my sister decided after like 8 years of the 55 being there, fish were discusting... @_@

Yup - it's where Shim lives! :D

(So far the only rooms without a tank are the playroom (for obvious reasons although the girls can have one later when they are older if they want to) & my bathrooms ('cause I just don't have the space).

Other than that - all of my rooms in my house have tanks!

Hee hee

:D Jenn

well technically it's my roomies tank not mine but I live here too so the kitchen thing is kinda mine too. :D

Robyn

I have 3 going right now in the kitchen ;) .

There are 2 29's always going. They are in the "dining area" behind the kitchen table. I may have to move them upstairs though, the new table we got sits high and looks odd against the tanks. Just not sure how well the python will work on the upstairs bathroom sink.

Then I have a 2 gallon eclipse, that is only running at the moment because I bought some baby red cherry shrimp. I was too scared to put them in any of the main tanks at their size, and they needed to qtine anyways.

But right next to the kitchen sink is where I set up my Qtine tank. The 10 gallon fits in there nicely and daily water changes are simple and hard to ignore when the tank is right next to the sink. Shayne complains a little, but knows when that tank comes out it is only for a couple weeks and back into the closet it goes.

I have a 30g, 20g, 10g and 5g in the kitchen/dining room. Also 2 x3g for the yabbies.

Yup, I have a 10 gallon with 4 neon tetras in it out there. :)

I have my 20 gallon in my kitchen. My kitchen is pretty big and I don't cook much. :D

Also influencing my decision was that it was the only room with a tile floor. All my other rooms are hardwood floor or carpeted. Since no matte how hard I try, I always seem to make a small puddle when I do a water change, this was a big factor.

No tanks in the kitchen here. I was thinking about it but my husband was horrified when I suggested it so no go, lol. Sometimes I have to let him have his way so I can get a bigger tank somewhere else. :D

:D Hi, My tropical tank is in my kitchen. It is a 10 gallon with 2 male guppys 1 female ( they die when they have their fry)(prolly due to stress)A rams horn snail, a black/redorange platy a yellow orange platy , and A male and female Danio.I have real plants in it aswell as my 40 Goldy tank. Dont know the name of it though It has big thick green leaves That are purple on the bottom, With white blooms. If anyone knows let me know Please thanks :)

A kitchen is a great place for tanks--especially if you are in there a lot. I like having tanks near a sink--great for easy water changes. :)

I used to have 2 tanks in my kitchen--my 10 gal quarantine tank with Chelsea (orange oranda) in it--she is now in my 50 gallon out here. :D

And a 5 gallon eclipse tank with 2 tetras--I had them for a little more than 3 years--when they died, I didn't replace them.

:)

I was told that cooking fumes and such were not good for the fish in a kitchen. I kept tanks in other places as first choice for years because of this, but since I spend so much time in the kitchen and there is loads of space in there, I have a 56 corner and a 15 gallon in the kitchen. I keep my favorites in the 56 (if they are small enough ) and a single favorite in the 15 - a baby usually. It is just more fun that way.

I used to have a 30 gallon tank in the dining room until it leaked.

I don't have a tank in my kitchen(I doubt my parents would even let me <_< )

My mother has a tropical fish tank in her kitchen and I my goldfish tank is sitting in my kitchen in my apartment :lol:

Nope no tanks in the kitchen yet But thinking about it. I have the 55 gal. and 30 gal. in the livingroom, the 7gal. bow in the dining room and a20 and 10 in my daughters room. I could put a small tropical tank in kitchen hmmmmm.... :rolleyes:

I use to keep my 2.5 mini with Jupiter in the kitchen! After he died I moved it to the basement though... now I have 2 guppies in it. :)

You've got to be kidding Heather, of course you're not the only one. :krazy:

I have one, the hospital tank or what use to be the hospital tank, it is now Sapphire and CB's home. My 2 "floaters" have their own tank.

Believe me I wouldn't have put it in there right now, just no room, but there was more room in that room than any other in my house.

2 of my tanks are in the kitchen, I have a 30 gal and a 10 gal in there, and I'm buying another 30 gal to go into the kitchen so I'll have 3 in there. ;o)

Jessica

i dont.. i have my tank in my living room.

Dose it count if you have had a tank in between two rooms? Because I used to keep a tank on a large built in book shelf that divides the kitchen and the living room, I loved having the tank there because it could be seen from both the kitchen and living room :heart , but now with a new heater installed all of the draft coming from it would cause problems with the tank. :(

I don't have a tank in my kitchen but I have two in our dining room :D