Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Black Moor Wedding Center Peices

I went to a wedding where everyone was given a tree (about 10" tall). Not all of these trees were taken home, I guess not everyone has a garden but a small potted flowering plant like African Violet would be a nice alternative.

I think that is a lovely idea.

Oh brother, what a horrible idea. I worked at an up-scale banquet facility and over the 4 years I worked there I saw the fish bowl thing happen 2x. Once w/ bettas and once with comets. The workers ended up taking more of the fish than the guests of the wedding. Our valet boys were even dumping the goldies out in the grass at the end of the night. One of the waitresses ended up saving them and taking them home, but if it weren't for her, they would have died an horrible death.

What you've written is great. I hope people take the time to read it and take it to heart.

This act is right up there with nnnnnn selling fish. <_<

Well it didn't work!

My SIL told me that her friend wouldn't want to "hear that" and that she was afraid she would stop speaking to her if she gave her that info.

Well my question then is this:

WHY in the world did she ask ME to write something?! WHY! It's positively irratating!!!!

Like I have time to waste! She wasted my time! I have no patience for time wasters! GAH I am madder than ever now.

It's not like I just threw my two cents in, she actually contacted me and asked me to please write out about moor care. HELLO!

Jessica

Edited by JessicaandMarshall

Jessica I am with you, I would be furious. do you know if this person asked her to ask you or did the sil take it upon herself to ask you? Either way I would let each one of them know.

How infuriating!!! No respect for life, makes me sad to think she is a fellow tech!!!

you could always recommend to her that she buy maybe.... oh 3 black moors and a 30 gallon tank and set it up somewhere where all the guests can see it then take them home herself and take care of them? She could buy gravel and such to match her wedding decor and it would probably be LESS expensive then her current plan. For a hundred guests thats probably about 10-15 bowls at $15 a pop that $150 to $225 total plus the $5-10 a fish so another $50-$150 and gravel (its cheap so probably only $15 for a 5lb bag) I'm guessing she wouldn't bother with food for a short even but say she did it'd be another $10 so total that out its like $210 at best and $400+ at worst. for that should could buy a good sized tank and stand and have some lovely pets after her wedding to remind her of the day.

I mean its better then just saying no don't do that! People don't like being told not to do stuff when they want to...

what you wrote was very informative though :) I wish you the best of luck with it and that she'll listen to you :)

Well it didn't work!

My SIL told me that her friend wouldn't want to "hear that" and that she was afraid she would stop speaking to her if she gave her that info.

Well my question then is this:

WHY in the world did she ask ME to write something?!  WHY!  It's positively irratating!!!!

Like I have time to waste!  She wasted my time!  I have no patience for time wasters!  GAH I am madder than ever now.

It's not like I just threw my two cents in, she actually contacted me and asked me to please write out about moor care.  HELLO!

Jessica

:veryangry: I would be very very angry too! What you wrote was what she asked for, but I guess people only want to hear what they want to. You did your best for the poor fishies. I just pray that they change their mind about it :unsure:

Gah.. sometimes i just wanna carry a bottle of finquil around with me and humanly euthanize these poor animals before they die horrible painful deaths :/

hmmm. a tough one. people like this will ussusally go ahead and do the wrong thing--even if you tell them other wise. in this case, you could write the fact sheet--- and add things like "goldfish don't belong in bowls, they need proper aquariums with 10 gallons per goldfish....anything less is cruelty" And then cross your fingers and pray the people who take them home will listen....... yikes.

At the same time though, I'm wondering where she even got this extreme idea. I hope it is not a fad thats going around. This makes me soo angry :(