Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aiieke

What If I Dont Want The Goldfish To Breed?

Well, thats very simple then - in case they ever lay eggs, just leave the eggs in there, the fish will eat 'em... :)

:blink: Oh wow, I never knew that! So, even if the male fertilizes them and they start to develop, the fish will still eat the eggs?

Yep, goldfish aren't the greatest parents in the world, I guess. You might have a few survivors if you have plants in there where the fry could hide, but most of them disappear into their parents' stomach.

Guest Alastair

EWWW I won't do that! That's SO cruel!

Maybe you can seperate the tank with a cheap divider (It's very cheap) when the male and female is ready to breed.

I can't bear seeing eggs being eaten! One time i bought a betta and bred them the father ate all the eggs he's so fat he died of constipation.

I think it would be more cruel to buy a divider and seperate fish that are totally great together. Letting them eat the eggs is normal. They can do it when you don't even notice. :lol1

i would try to save them even if i dont have the resources. ><

:) It's easier to just let the eggs stay where they are,and let Nature take it's course. I think it's crueler to let the eggs hatch,and not have the ways and means to provide the way they should be provided for. JMO........ :rolleyes:

how about adoption, I'm pretty sure many of us would like em :newfish

Edited by maniacholic

I agree. If you can't hatch and care for the fry then it would be much more humane to leave the eggs in there and let nature take its course, natural population control.