Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soph0127

It Seems That Someone Has A Crush....

Well I cant be sure but I think my little red and white crown pearlscale Bobby has taken on a liking to Lucy, my black and red oranda....I dont know that he's big enough to breed but he's been chasing her all aroung the tank for like 2 days... Hmmm. Any advice or imput?

Now, look at that - LOVE! :lol: Are they about the same size, or is the female smaller than the male? If she is, she might get exhausted by his chasing after a while and gets stressed.

Otherwise, if you wonna encourage it furthermore, find some floating plants, plastic or live, thats where they like to deposit their eggs. Anacharis will do for that, its cheap, doesn't need to be planted in anything and has loads of small leavy leaves for the eggs to attach to.... :)

:rofl my female pearlie was about 2" bigger than my male moor. didnt stop him! lol. seems the guys like big girls! ;)

aww.. it seems I have another suitor for her.. now it's Big Red and Bobby in deep pursuit...... :D

whats the male:female ratio? if she gets too beaten up, id take her out and give her a rest.

oh kay.... i really wasn't sure if I was supposed to but I moved the two boys and Lucy over into a smaller tank. I hope I was have some babies soon... how long does it usually take once the eggs are fertilized.

depending on temperature, about 5 days :D

I put two boys in with her. The only thing is that I only had one spare tank left.. My 6g eclipse tank... Is that ok.. I'm actually gonna run to the store now and grab a 10g tank...I have an extra filter and heater. Does it need to have a light on it?

ok... so i took little bobby out, but Big red and Lucy have been in the same tank now for three days. Red has kinda stopped chasing her today though but I dont see anything in the water?

my moor was after my pearlscale for months before he actually got anywhere! some females just play hard to get ;)

should i put them in a bigger tank than a ten gallon... honestly .. it's all I can afford right now but if I have to I will find a way....or.....is there a way I can keep them from breeding until I'm more financially stable?

you can put her in a seperate tank in the meantime