Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Am Such A Dunce!

Yeah I'm an idiot! I have an oak stand for my main tank, but for my newest tank, I was in a hurry to put it up and got a cheaper metal stand.

I just bought the one the store had in stock and didn't give it another though. I was looking at it the other day, and saying to myself, I think this is made for two tanks, so I looked it up and sure enough =oP

I've never seen a double stand, without the tanks on it. Yeah I'm a dork. Haahaa, Guess I need another 30 gal! What a great excuse!

Gooooo Jessica :newfish

Jessica

Oh BOY, yeah, you're a dork! :D I have one of those stands too, but I've never put another tank down below.... I'm always afraid of Caeleb messing with it! But yeah, good excuse for another tank! Hey, it's not like you need more room for it!

I would definatley get another tank if i was you! Wooo Hooo!!!!!!!!! :panana

Edited by selena685

Yeah. Got one of those too here. I was even thinking of getting a triple stand. The only prob is that i think that would be a bit too high for convinience. I just love double stands. Gives a good excuse to get 2 tanks instead of 1

I always thought that was to store all of the fish's "stuff"! Sooooo, I have room for another tank eh? :blink:

Yep, I have one that holds either 2 29's or 20 longs. Actually, it is recommended that you always use 2 tanks on them as it helps stablize it, if all the weight is on the top they have more potential for tip-overs.

One thing I would suggest is getting a shorter tank for the bottom one. It is kind of hard when you only have about a 4" gap between the lid and the tank above, you can't really get in there and unless you have a python, water changes can be difficult (getting a siphon going on a tank that is only a few inches off the ground can be a challenge, especially once the water level is lowered).

Having a tall tank on the bottom works, just make sure you have everything (driftwood/rocks, decorations) in the tank BEFORE you put it on the stand and fill it, or you may not be able to get them in.

gooooooo jessica. hehe, sometimes we forget when we are in a hurry....

Yeah, i do have around 6 to 8 inches of clearance on my bottom tank and at first its quite annoying, but after a while, you do get used to it. The only prob is that i have to sit on the floor to watch my fish down there.

Definately need another tank. That would be such a shame to waste all that good space. :)

The only problem you got now is that you now have to buy 2 filters, 2 lights...although you could do with just one air pump, that's still a lot of sockets you need. Good thing i got extension cords and my new light has a 3 extra slots for cords.