Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Found Snail Eggs Inside The Tank!

They were layed at the cave entrance to the fake coral reef :rofl They are perfectly round clear balls (sort of like goldfish eggs) and have little black dots in them. Wahoooo baby columbian ramshorns coming soon....I hope!

Jessica

Congratulations!! You will get hundreds of baby snails like mine :D What will you do with all your snails? I have too many so I may feed them to my goldfish. I feel bad but there is just too many of them :crp

WOW!! congrats!! I wish I could breed mine, but they'er all males!!

congrats. feed them to the goldies if theres many. =]

congrats jessica!

Dory, i thought all snails were homaphradites?

:) Congrats!!!!, Oh do get pictures when they are hatched and you could actually see them... I thought that Ramshorns snails gaved birth to live snails not eggs.... .

I thought that Ramshorns snails gaved birth to live snails not eggs.... .

That's what i thought too, but they difinately lay eggs. I didnt know this unitl I noticed the eggs myself.

I sacrificed a baby snail to my one of my goldies last last :( just to see if I could do it...and I could. I felt a bit bad about it though :unsure:

Guest hamstaman

congrats

and the only livebearer i know of is the Malaysian Trumpet Snail

Hamster- i have some Trumpet snails very cute :)

Selena- Aww really? :) Your doing the right thing,... i find it better then crushing them.Are those your snails in your signature.

Black Oranda: no, those are my apple snails, I'm currently holding daily snail sacrifices with the ramshorns :cry1 . My apple snails are still virgins I think :lol:

Black Oranda: no, those are my apple snails, I'm currently holding daily snail sacrifices with the ramshorns :cry1 . My apple snails are still virgins I think  :lol:

Virgins...that's too cute! I had to sacrifice some ramshorns too. I took most of them out of my incubation tank and put them in with the goldies. Most of them where too big for the goldies to eat, but the goldies will at least control the population.

I :heart your apple snails (and their names!)

You can see the snail inside of the egg. It looks like a teeny speck! Awww so cute.

I don't know what to do with the babies though. I guess I should remove them from the tank when they hatch so they don't get eaten? I will have to read up about that.

They are going to be so cute =o)

Jessica

I am trying to get a snail or two to keep down the algee in my tank and cause they are just super cool... umm the problem is i can not buy them in california :( . Perhaps if you have extra, could you porsibly send me a couple.

*cross fingers

Cheers

Lepperchan..its a misconception a lot of us have made when we were new to snails..the only snails that eat algae are tiny hatchlings..they do not clean your tank they are messy pooping troffing machines that will need more cleaning than your fish not to mention a steady ph and calcium level and a varied diet to keep them in tip top health , if you are still interested slime on over to applesnail and read all you can then ask the nice guys over there to send you some there are a few people in your area that breed awsome snails best of luck snails are hard work but rewarding...wish you were near me I have spares at the moment...good luck hun...Linda

My snails mow down on the algea! They are columbian Ramshorns. Maybe they are freaks?! They like the algea even better than my plants heehee. But I still have algea to clean from the glass, they don't get it all.

So far they haven't hatched yet!

Jessica

My Ramshorns eat algae too as well as other food. Snails are messy so I agree with pheonixx when she mentioned"

" ...they are messy pooping troffing machines that will need more cleaning than your fish ..."

:blink: My Ramshorn Snails just never stop!!! With in a couple weeks of putting a "few" in my angelfish tank,everywhere you look- they are there!!!! They may be cute at first,but I've had them long enough to where they are a complete pain in my you know what>.. :rolleyes: The breeding is continuous--it may take a little bit of tiime,but they really do become quite the pest...and eventually overtake your tank. Edited by Devs