Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
New to gold's

Proi Gold Food

Hi everybody, my name's mac and as my log on name indicates i'm new to gold's. I hear that pro gold is one of the best gold fish foods available and the fish love it very much. My question is a two parter: 1. I have small fish, 3 inches or less, before I order the product I was wondering if the pro gold is a small enough pellet for my fish, and 2. How many ounce package would be right for the size fish that I have ( I have 8 fish) before the product expitation date, if there is one. I would hate to order a large quanity and then it goes bad. I appreciate your response.

Hi :hi

I bought the 8 oz jar of ProGold (its like a measuring cup and a half approx). I think it's a good size to try out, I don't remember the cost but it would probably last you long enough to get a sense if your fish like before you buy the big size.

My fish seem to really like it.

The pellet size is pretty small I don't think your fish will have a problem with it.

Good luck with your fishes!

Hi,

Welcome.

Pro Gold is a soft pellet that is easily broken with your fingernail. So it can be broken and fed to smaller fish quite easily. It can even be crushed and fed to fry.

It is an excellent quality food :P

Always....progold can only be ordered from Goldfish connection or there is a site for Canada but for out side the North America I dont think there is a place that will ship it :(

Guest loub

I buy it in 2 lb. bags and have 5 6" fish. They always eat it before it goes bad the little pigs. :lol:

What is Pro-Gold's shelf-life? :huh:

I bought some and have been keeping it in the refrigerator in hopes of keeping it good longer, but I haven't a clue how long it is supposed to be good.