Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the goldfish man

Tetra Blood Worm

a bort some tetra blood worm yesterday and i was just wondering how meny more ppl have this and are thay any good my fish seem to lick them

oo and its the one with 16 packets

i bought some last week but my goldies weren't impressed and neither was I. It kept coming out of the packet in big lumps and the worms didn't seperate. Don't think I'd buy it again.

yes thats what i notist as well at first i thourt thay were big worms then today i notist i lot of little ones i think i am going to scuzz them into my net first abd then seperat them

Guest kudos

don't want to disagree with fishyfan as she owes me money LOL, but all my fish past and present love them, secret is make the hole very small then squeeze gently and the worms come out in better size portions or try hand feeding with them, brilliant. my fish are still very small so give half one day then half the next, a bulldog clip over the hole keeps them fresh. don't give up them. :P

Humpf........gonna tear up the cheque now...... ;)

Perhaps I'll give them another go and try cutting the hole smaller this time.

I did try letting them pull the worms out of the packet but they kept jabbing themselves in the eye with the corner of the packet!...Perhaps i just have clumsy fish?

Guest kudos

fishy, try cutting the corners in a circle shape not just across, mine are clumsy like yours, stupid fish. hope PRO GOLD will make them into brainy fish, should be flying across the ocean now, cool. :happydance:happydance:happydance

Guest mabelina

I bought Tetra Blood Worm today and its in a rich jelly. i was expecting little worms to come out just like to packet showed, but instead i got a thick long line of red jelly which one fish eat the lot not giving the others a chance. Mine was also a 16 sachet pack. They dont seem too impressed with it but il keep trying them on it.

what i do now is put them in one of my little nets and the fish pull the worms out of the net so there are little ones and not a big line

Guest Shiari

I was considering getting bloodworms for my fish, but decided on buying the little frozen packets of the brine shrimp. Kinda glad I did now. They were confused enough by the shrimp the first time, I doubt they could have handled the gel. .... gah I have stupid fish. -_-

my fish are not stupid thay just like to make me laf mybe thats what your fish like to do

Guest Shiari

I'm pretty sure they're either stupid, or chickens. The first thing they do when something new enters the tank (even if it's their flake food!) is to go hide in a corner. Then, after a few seconds, they'll try to eat it. With the shrimp, it took them a good 10 minutes before they tried to eat a single one. I was so sure that I had just destroyed the water parameters in my tank. Thank goodness now that they think the shrimp are like popcorn, though they still freak out when it's put in the tank.

I have such weird fish. <_<

I haven't tried the Tetra Blood Worms yet. I personally use the Hikari blood worms and my fish love them. They are freeze dried and loosely packed in a plastic container. They are very light and float in water. I guess Tetra marketed them with the gel to allow them to sink in the water. I just mix the Hikari BW with a Japanese Food Paste (goldfishconnection) and it sinks to the bottom.