Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maniacholic

... Hand Picking Eggs

My pearlscale and eggfish had eggs but my roomate got them out by picking them off by bare hands i need to know if they'll be okay PLEASE HELP

If they're gonna be okay i'll need to send them with my dad with the 240 tank...

Hand picking eggs is a very tricky thing to do, and I can't imagine the eggs being okay after that. They are so very fragile as it is, and the only way I transport eggs is I take whatever they are stuck to (plants, ornaments, rocks) out and put them where I want them. I tried scraping off some eggs from the tank wall with a credit card VERY carefully, but hand picking?! You can squeash them so easily without noticing, and the smallest pressure on them can cause tremendous damage....

Only time will tell if some damage was done, I would say.... :)

whew lucky he said he was just "rubbing" them with his finger and got it by having it stick to his hand i guess no pressure was applied... but now i need to send these critters home.

BTW: how long does it take for the eggs to hatch on basis? I hope they all do but i dont wanna cull them I'm in a dilema :unsure:

Edited by maniacholic

Depending on the temperature, it should take around 4-7 days. Even before they actually hatch you will be able to see some black dots inside the egg .... :)

no black dots :crp I'm REALLY worried. This is the first time i had eggs away from home :unsure: but thanks for your info

Edited by maniacholic