Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Erika

Tons Of Fry.

And I'm really hoping that this guy father ed some of them!!

post-1817-1101147695.jpg

I see a little lionhead in there too? where does that one fit in the scheme of parenthood? possible mom?

got any recent baby pics...taken in the light of day?

Wow nice fish Erika. I want one without a dorsal fin if we get some .I would like it to look like Mom. If there are some . kkkkkk :):)

It's *possible* that my lionchu is mom, but to be honest, I'm almost postitive it was my redcap. I'mma take some pics right now, k ladies? k. :lol:

Okay, these aren't as good as my last ones, maybe the lighting is different, but oh well, you get the idea.

Here's "Hoss".

post-1817-1101230316.jpg

Oh, and they're officially eating crused up ProGold now, so I expect them to start growing even faster!!!

:lol: OMG!!!!!!!! hahahaha! He is a "HOSS"!!! Wow he's big compared to the other's!!! You are doing a great job!!!!

good job erika! they look to be doing just great! and hoss is quite the little mammoth isnt he! :heart

you know, im kinda glad that i dont have any breeders in my tanks. its already quite enough to be taking care of seven tanks! i tell ya, ive been getting plenty of milage out of my nitrAte test kits. :blink:

im looking forward to this, its exciting watching a new goldie grow up from being a fry. and to top it off getting one from the batch!

i was just wondering, are you culling the deformed ones?

i cant believe you got such a good pic of them in that one shot. i wouldve gone through three sets of batteries before i got that lucky.............. :rolleyes:

Haha, they're not as fast as big goldies! So it's easier to snap a decent shot.

As for the culling, yeah, I will, but I'm not going to cull the fish just because they aren't "show quality". I'm not growing these fish to be 400 dollar fish, I'm growing them as pets. So, I'll cull if it's something big, like severely crroked backs, etc, but I'm not going to cull for a missing anal fin or stuff like that.

Aw. Shawna, you sure you just want one?????

Maniacholic--

Well if a fish has a realy crooked back, as it gets older and grows bigger, it may become too hard for it to even swim.

thats what i thought. that would be my line of thought as well. :D

that one clear pic of hoss is a riot, his head is so darn huge! :lol:

:heart

His head and his belly..... Jon saw him tonight, and he was like "what the22? Why is that fish twice the size of the rest of em?".

He's interesting... the only one that I can distinguish from any of the others. He's turning colors very quickly too, he's a pinkish green now, kind of metallic.

While doing a water change in the tank tonight, I noticed that a lot of the babies have crooked backs and stuff. Ah. We'll see what happens when they get bigger.

:D So what's going on with these little guys today?

Well, I have a few that are having problems swimming, and just kind of "flop" around on the bottom...... I think I"m going to start culling some of them for this reason. It's sad, but I know that they're not going to survive into adulthood. Hoss is still doing well, and now I have another fish that is almost as big as him. Survival of the fittest is really at play with these guys, that's for sure. I wonder if I should do the clove oil to cull them? Anyone remember the concentrations? :(

Wow, that picture of Hoss looks like he's already growing a wen. Does it start that early?

thanks Jill. I did it last night with about 10 of them... it was really tough. A lot harder than I thought it'd be, but on the sunny side, the rest of the fish are doing much better!!

Nah, I Hoss doesn't have a wen....... that I know of?! I don't think they develop until MUCH later! :heart

:( It's sad,but you did what had to be done....Who know what the quality of their life would have been a s they got older. I would have an awful time at it myself...You did good hun~ :heart Glad to hear that everyne else is doing so well!!! Hoss growing by leaps and bounds I imagine,and by the way,How is Little Joe??????? :ignore:rofl:lol:

:huh::saywhat Did you forget to take your medication again woman??!!