Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Lost My Beautiful Blackie Today,

I remember when I bought "Blackie". He was the first fish I bought for my new tank, and to be tankmates with my other two fish when I was still very much a newbee.

I picked him out with extra special loving care. He was a really big fish, but very thin, and mostly blind. He was in the tank with two red cap oranda's that were hogging all the food. Poor Blackie also had fish lice.

I brought him home and took care of him and loved him.

A week ago, I moved Blackie from his home in the main tank. He was stone blind and was getting think again.

I put him in a 10 gallon alone. He seemed to be doing very well. He loved to be petted and would eat from my hand.

Today I found Blackie on the floor. I have no idea how he managed to get there. Very bizarre. Like he grew wings.

Poor Blackie, I am very upset. Hubby brought my flowers today to try to cheer me up. I feel aweful. :cry1:cry1

I've had Blackie for quite awhile and he will be missed.

Jessica

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry1:hug It is alwasy hard to lose a wet friend!

That's very sad Jessica & Marshall. :(

Something similiar is happening to me. I put Little Spotty Jnr into my new 40g (still cycling) with some new fish. All the fish in the new tank got ich, which I treated, I put Spotty Jnr back in his little tank to treat him.

He is not well, lying on the bottom and breathing heavily. I also treated him for parasites but I think he's had it. :(

How sad that you've lost your Blackie. That is so depressing.

What a sweet husband you have. :heart

:cry:cry1 Iam sorry for your loss.....at least he had a good life with you and didn't die at the pet store Edited by FishFace

aww man jess. im sooo sorry. he was a gentle giant wasnt he? i feel so bad for you. i know he was a special fish............. :cry1 :crp

ohh im so sorry to hear that. :( do you have a cat? i found one of my bettas on the floor because of my cat..

:cry Jess,how sad that Blackie died that way?? No ideas at all on how he got to the floor?? That's a real shame...I know you said that the cats were in bedroom with you----the only other thing that I can think of is water params...Whatever the case may be,I feel for youand I hope somehow that you feel better soon. :hug

Jess, I'm really sorry. :( It's very hard indeed to lose a really treasured and special fish like Blackie.

But as FishFace said, at least he had a good life with you and he was cared for with love.... that counts for a lot. :hug

Thank you everyone. It truly was a sad day. =o(

I would love nothing more than to blame those evil cats, but I know it wasn't them. Thank you for the ideas Devs. I know the water params were perfect, because Blackie was in "recovery". He was in the 10 gal to fatten up, relax, and to try to get the swelling in his eye down. It was accumulating fluids. I was testing his water 3 times a day and it never had ammonia or nitirte and only small levels of nitrate.

The only thing in his water was a 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salts.

*hangs head*

Someone told me last night when a goldfish dies, it's because it was preventing something bad happening to it's owner.

Maybe that is why Blackie grew wings. Such a sweet gentle fish, he never bothered anyone.

Jessica

Oh Hun I'm so sorry to hear this, I was working with you on Blackies problems......Now his in the big pond in the sky with my Radar who was a telescope too......

:bighug

Guest Barney

I'm so sorry Jessica! At least you know you gave Blackie a good home and lots of love!

I lost one of my goldies a while back and I remember how upsetting it was. I hope you feel better and remember the good times you had with him! :cry1