Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Red Veins In Tail

Ok Whitie has a few red veins in his tail. I'm not sure if they were always there, or if it's something bad! It's not bloody looking, it just looks like veins. He is not acting sick. He's a white ryukin. Do you think it's just veins I am seeing, you have to be right up close to even see them, they are so fine.

He was in a 10 gallon, ammonia 0, nitrite, 0, nitrate under 5. Filtration, aqua clear 150. No additives except cycle once a week. I did water chages about every 4 or 5 days because he's a good sized fish. Food: Hikari pellets, soaked in tank water before feeding, and peas a couple of times a week.

He's in the new tank now. So everything is at 0 still. He is acting perfectly normal if that helps any.

Am I worried over nothing?

Thanks

Jessica

Considering your parameters are fine, I'd expect it's nothing to worry about. My red cap oranda has a few noticable veins in his tail fin, but I'm pretty sure it's just because they're white, and the veins just show through easier. I think I've read that in a post on here before. I wouldn't worry about it though, unless the veins become more pronounced.

my oranda also has the little veins in his tail and stuff. they are so light u can just about see everything !! I would not worry

I agree with the others. If he is acting well, eating well and not clamping his fins, you are probably just seeing the natural veins in his tail.

Guest bubble101

My first red cap was the best fish i ever had so i devoted alot of time to care for him and "his Brother" lol....he had his red venis showing so i put him and his lil bro in a fish bowl well i clened the tank (10 gallon) i left about a 1/4 of the old water and filled the tank with clean water but feelt that Mr.Chesse fish the 2nd was haveing his last moments to i didnt want him to effect his brother i left him in the bowl and within the next hour he died :'( he was so kool it was like he played with all the plants he and his brother had ...her brother is still very healthy to date and has a new room mate another red cap i take really good care of my fish thats why i never have more then two i have never been able to pin ponit with the red veins are so i left it at that his brother is fine and heathly and Mr chesse is resting peacfuly in my flower bed i have had hot head (mr.chesse's "brother") for seven months next moth so he is well cared for so here is what i want to know dose any one know what the red veins are ???and if so how to pevent them?

he was also not eating and acting funny thats why i knew he was dying (it was so sad)

R.I.P JULY 24 2004 Mr.Chesse Fish 2nd

Love,

Tiffany

Edited by bubble101

I'm sorry you lost your fish.

Red veins can be from stress.

They can be from a lack of oxygen.

They can be from disease/parasites/bacteria.

They can be from poor water quality.

I posted this post over a year ago, so I've learned a lot since then.

Whitie was moved from the 10 gal 2 days before this post when I moved her into a 44 gallon. I think the red streaks in her case were from stress, or from brighter lighting (I could see her natural veins) in the new tank.

If your fish was not eating, I would guess that it had something else going on.

Maybe it was your water quality? Do you know how your ammonia and nitrite levels were? How long was your tank running?

I am really sorry about your fish.

Jessica