Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Am Going To The Lfs Tomorrow,

Sorry just had to gloat. :bounce

I haven't been there in awhile, and I am really excited. Funny that I get so excited of the lfs haahaa!!

Hubby didnt' have time to get my new stand, so we will get it tomorrow, and I need some filter media.

I was trying to decide on what kind of substrate to put in the new tank. Like I mentioned yesterday, I was given these rather loud fake barrier reefs, so I needed something that would go with them. That blew my au natural theme out of the water.

I found these really cool white/diamondy glass beads. They look amazing, and I'm going to go with those. They will look nice for like 2 seconds and then get all stunk up with algea I bet :rofl

Here is the fake reef ornament that I have, and I have a few similar ones as well....not what I would have bought, but kind of cool! I'm going to try to make this tank rock.....heehee

The fake reef ornament

I also was given this really big rock. It weighs a ton. I'm afraid it will fall through the bottom of the aquarium! Will it be ok?

It's this big brownish red and white striped rock with two holes through it. I *think* it's called Rainbow Rock, but I'm not sure.

PS let's hope that I don't come home with any more fish tomorrow, it's hard to resist!!!!!

Jessica

Hi, is the big rock a natural stone? If so, it's probably what Australians call sandstone - I think you guys call something else sandstone. Anyway I had one of those once and they are r-e-a-l-l-y heavy. Mum has it now and uses it as a door stop. :lol:

Your coral ornament looks pretty cool actually, you could still go 'au natural' and just use that as the novetly piece.

Hope you have lots of fun tomorrow. :D

You will have to send us a picture when you get your new "FantasyLand" tank set up. As you mentioned, it is a far cry from the natural theme :rofl

I just redid my 38 gallon tank. I went for the old and boring ... a lake bed theme :yeah:

I have one of those rocks! Yeah they're okay. I hope you have fun at the fish store! Man I'm going to have to get another 40 gallon so I can get two more goldies! I already have a 40 gallon with a nice oak hutch and I want to get another one that matches. Yeah!

I think that a lakebed theme sounds beautiful.

I love the natural looking tanks, with drift wood, live plants and river rocks or natural coloured gravel.

But try as I might, or as much as I love the natural theme, I just cannot seem to do it. I guess it isn't me. It never looks right when I try.

I'll get some pictures once the fish are used to the tank and the lights don't stress them anymore.

I'll try to get a picture of all my tanks.

I put the huge rock into the rubbermaid, aka indoor pond in my laundry room with Ping and the shubunkins.

I have Blackie in the 10 gal alone now, so he'll get enought to eat, and I put my little baby fish in with the others in the new tank. That was a bit worrying as well, the baby fish has never been in with other fish before.

I bought some live plants at the lfs, no fish. There guaranteed healthy fish looked gross. They had some big red orandas, but they were 19.99 and had ich! eww! And some had fin rot. double ewww!

I bought some plants that I hopefully won't kill. I bought the cheap ones this time, since last time I went all out and they all died or were eaten.

I bought something that sounds like anarchy haahaa, and a hornwort.

Jessica

No problem... they have that at my lfs and I ask for anubias and some girl got them mixed up... the normal "fish guy" wasn't there and he knows them all was what she said...lol...