Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I'm Getting Another Tank!

Ok, tell me how ironic this is! My SIL had a tank for sale last year, when I asked about purchasing it, they just sort of blew me off. So I let it go. Then awhile later they have it advertised in the paper, and it didn't sell. So again I contact them, and ask if they want to sell it. She tells me no, she does not want to sell it now, because she will set it up at their new house. The center peice alone cost $70, so selling it would not be worth it.

My other SIL called me tonight. She has the tank at her house, and was told to get rid of it. She got it for me!!! :D

I don't know if it is coming with accessories, but who cares!! I think it is a 30 gal, but am not positive. She wanted to bring it Friday, but I am leaving for a week on Fri, so it will have to be another time.

And for the really ironic part. Blackie my big black moor has not been doing well. His one eye has been really swollen forever, (probably from bumping into stuff). He is now completely stone blind, and is not finding food like he used to, I am going to move all the plants to the back of the thank tomorrow so they are out of his way. He is eating, but looks very week, and he has serious competition for food.

Just this morning I said "I Have to move Blackie when we come back in a week". I was thinking of moving him to my rubbermaid in the basement, and taking one of the fish out of their and putting it into my main tank in Blackies place.

But now I will have a new tank for Blackie!!!!!!!

Ok, so here's the deal.

Who should I put in the new tank, besides Blackie?

I have 3 fish in my indoor pond. A White Ranchu, A Calico Orada, with a gorgeous tail, but she is immature, no head growth. And a Calico Fantail that is turning out to be VERY nice.

I kind of want to get rid of the one indoor pond. Because I have two, and with getting a new tank.........

Anyway, Since the new tank is a 30 gal, I should technically only put three fish in it. Blackie and two others. That leaves one fish in the pond. My options are a)keep the pond B) add 4 fish to the 30 gal, or c) add a fish to the 10 gal, that has one baby fish in it, less than a year old.

I kind of feel that the baby fish needs a friend, but most of my fish are too big to add with him. So I am kind of not sure about that yet.

If I had 4 fish in the 30 gal, I could have two filters, turning the water about 12 times per hour.

So what would you do? I don't have to take the indoor pond down either, but it would be nice, since I have fish coming out the ying yang.

I just counted, I have 20 fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I have a few telescopes, an idea would be to put them all in the 30 gal, or the visually impaired ones at least, and put some of the indoor pond fish, into the tanks that they were in.

Jessica

Sorry for the length and confusion in that post.

Bottom line, I will be overcrowded in one tank, by one fish if I take down my one indoor pond.

If I keep the indoor pond, I will have to buy another fish for a friend, or wait until my lone baby fish to be big enough to add.

Jessica

Put Blackie in the 10 gallon, the 3 fish from the pond in the new 30 gallon, and the baby in the 30 gallon too (if he's not small enough to be eaten). Since your filtration in that tank is better than 10 X per hour, you should be fine till the little bugger gets big

DUHHHHHH!!!!! :exactly

Thank you so much. I can't believe what an idjit I am haahaa.

The light on the 10 gal is crappy, and it won't matter for Blackie, because he is completely blind. He could be in the dark 24/7 and not notice.

Thanks so much. :rofl I think too hard sometimes.

Jessica

Me too, I'm just really impressed with myself for thinking that up...... geez, I must have taken my vitamins today or something. :rofl

Also, my baby fish is probably small enough to fit in the 3 fish going into the 30 gals mouth, but he has colour, he is pure white, so I am not sure they would want to eat him.

Whitie is about 7" and I put little fish with her all the time and she's never ate them.

I'm going to give it a go, and watch them like a hawk while I add the baby. The baby must be a little over an inch long now, and the other can't be more than 3-3.5" so that should be ok, I think.

Most of my big fish are in the main tank, or the other indoor pond.

Jessica

Guest 13cutefishes

Watch the little fish with the big, 'cause one of ours got eaten and then spat back out when it was a baby and its now permanently deformed! Sounds like blackie has that pop eye disease thing maybe?

Hi,

No it's not pop eye, it's only in his one eye. The way he bangs into stuff, he's probably bruised it.

I'll add a bit of salt for him while I'm gone this week :D

Jessica