Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jawlovesstewie

Aussies

Aussie $ how much do u pay 4 goldfish?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Aussie $ how much do u pay 4 goldfish?

• $0 - $2
    • $2 - $5
    • $5 - $10
    • $10 - $20
    • $20 - $30
    • above $30

i pay around $15 for a fantail about 3-4 inchs :D woot he looks awesome too :pp

I found 2 inch celestial pom poms for AU$10.95 in quenbeyan!!!!! So exciting, although I don't have the space at the moment for extras - how rare is that!!!! :)

241828[/snapback]

I WAS BORN IN QUEENBEYAN!!! hey do they still have kingsleys there???

The most I've paid is $30 (for Squish).

The least $4.95 (for Fillet).

I'd pay more if the fish was awesome and I *had* to have it :)

Guest melk

Hi Guys Im a newbie here, I Paid $3.50 for my comets but eneded up with a fantail and a nymph in the mix lost a few as sister cut filter intake tube shorter, so they tried to do a nemo and got sucked. all up i paid $18 for 7 fish have 4 now but blackmoors seem to be around the $10 to $15 mark they are all around the 2 inch size havent seen any onther cold freshwater fish yet being tassie hard to find and impossible to import.

$10 to $15 for a moor? :blink:

Here in Goulburn, we have one lfs (also limited)

common/comets $2 to $3

Moors $3 to $5

Orandas $20

Pearlscales $20 (Oh my god!!! he actually had some in!!! and I couldn't get one :cry1 )

Big monster pond goldies (like, 10 - 15 cm long) $10

Of course, all these depend on size, all (except the bigguns) are around the 2.5 - 3 cm range

Guest Shubunkin Queen

I pay between $2 to $5 dollars for my fish. I could get a more fancy ones which cost a bit more, but because I'm still a beginner I stay with the less fancy ones until I feel more confidence in goldfish care. :)

Guest frenzal

i have paid $50 for a medium sized pearscale.. really nice specimen though almost the size of a tennis ball now =)

i paid $75 for a large butterfly telescope (pork chop) and $55 for my large oranda (sir loyn) the rest started small and they've grown.. paid between $5-$15 each..

By the time I paid all my import fees, shipping and initial cost for Luna it was nearly 2-300! But hey, thats the equilivant of the prices I've seen on goldfish connection for fish her size colour and type so I was happy.

However, my LFS prices are as follows.

Top quality goldies (and I mean this, they have some gorgeous fish, not show quality but close) $30-50, depending on quality and size. Orandas, teles, ranchus and pompoms.

Generic run of the mill fancy 'culls' (small low quality fish) around $5-10 regardless of breed. There nice fish, they just have flaws and won;t be winning any shows any time soon.

Feeders, shubunkins, comets, sarasa (all the single tails) are about $3-5 each.

They also sell nymphs (fancies with a single tail, culls from breeders) for around $10. Their a good size too.

So the most I've paid? Nearly $300 for Luna. So worth it.

The least? freebies. I've had the petshop give me fish that look sickey in order to give them a chance. But the least I've paid for a fish I BOUGHT was $2 for Vincent my first goldfish when I was about 5 (who I still have in the pond!) he's a shubunkin that managed to get in the feeder tank. :rofl

Oops, an add on. I'm going to break down Lunas price so people see what I mean...

Her actual price was $60. Air shipping to aus was $50 ($110 total so far) transshipping from airport to mine for overnight postage $40 ($150 total so far) based on weight... water is HEAVY.

But then I had a packet of Import fees on her. Live fish fees go by the package, so I could import 100 fish and pay minimal each, but pay a heap for one fish (and that's why its usually cheaper at your LFS!) All import fees, paperwork and the like came to $60! It would have been half, but their was a botch up and I had to re-submit and re-pay to get her! (total so far $210)

Then I'm going to count the meds on top of this. Due to Aus posts HORRID shipping (I saw them drop her box on the way to my door!) she had taken alot of damage and got infected (no immune system from stress from shipping). $30 on melafix, $30 on primafix (took a whole bottle of each to to kick whatever it was)... Total so far? $270.

Do I regret it? No, she was the best fish ever.

But the moral od the story is if you're going to import fish, import 100 or so, so the cost per fish is minimal then you cen sell them and run a profit like the stores! :rofl

Or buy local! :rofl

LOL.. ur funny :rofl, but you're right.. Luna was a beautiful fish, we all admired her through your posts.. i would have paid it too...

once you commit to buying something, nothing else gets in the way.. at least, from a woman's point of view that is. :yeah:

once you commit to buying something, nothing else gets in the way.. at least, from a woman's point of view that is. :yeah:

:rofl Agreed!

hmmm me feels like chocolate.. who's in melbourne that wants to go for a hot chocolate in carlton??

I'm always up for chocolate but:

a) I'm in Sydney

b) I've just polished off a BIG bowl of choccie chip icecream :yeah:

big bowl of icecream?? you're obviously having the better weather up there.. we are :cold: here! 9.3 degrees and falling rapid..

2 days ago, there was a thick layer of ice on my car. i caught the tram to the city as i feared that pooring water over it or turning the demister on would crack the shield.. so i left it behind. LOL..

I could go for a hot chocolate now. :rofl

Too bad for me though, I live out in the middle of nowhere in Victoria. :rofl

I'll have to make my own then. ;)

where abouts amber?

Panda moors at my LFS cost AUD $40 each for 5 cm babies. This was in early 2012.

IMO the price was a little steep, considering the colour changes they went through 8 - 12 weeks later. Having said that, I adore them completely and wouldn't change a thing. In the future, I'd have no problems paying $100 for a good fish.