Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dory

Do I Need To Cut It Up?

if I'm feeding them letuce or somthing soft like that,do I have to cut it up into bite sized pieces?my fish are pretty small. :huh:

Guest iPodGirl

When I feed my goldfish romaine lettuce, I like to cut slits in the lettuce before I put it in the food clip. That way, the goldfish can come along and just pull off a strand of food, instead of trying to unsuccessfully stuff the whole thing in his mouth.

When I feed my fish lettuce or spinach, I chop it up into bite-size strips and drop a little on top of the water for the fish to eat. Mine won't eat pieces off a whole leaf.

When I feed my fish leafy greens... I microwave the leaf in a disposable plastic cup with a little tank water until the leaf wilts. Then I cut slits into the leaf and hang it in the tank on a veggie clip.

Microwaving the leaf makes it a lot easier for the fish to pull off a little bite.

Rick

:popcorn IF YOU FEED ZUCCHINI CUT THRU THE RIND. OTHER WISE YOU END UP WITH A RING THAT CAN ENCIRCLE THE FISH AND KILL IT HAPPENS A LOT TO PLECOS :monkey :goldfish

I tried microwaving it then cuting it into strips and puting it on a clip,and they loved it! made a mess though lol :lol: