Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BubblesOwner

Fed Up With Tanks!

Guest BubblesOwner

I'm nooooot a happy camper today. Some of you know that last night I was up for quite a while because I had to do an emergency tank change with my double-tailed guppy and her two buddies (plus the fry!). I'd set up that tank for her to birth in so I could leave the fry in there and place her back in the other tank when she was done.

Well... Brand New Store-bought tank... Had it set up two weeks... last night I noticed that the towel I had set two tanks on was soaking wet. I thought, ack, I just have spilled when filling up the tank. I wiped off the bottom plastic edging because it had water standing on it. Well... as quick as I could wipe it up, it was wet again. I realized that the seal on one of the sides had busted. eek.gif All of this on a brand new expensive custom-made wooden nightstand. :cry1

I lost Wiz, but not Gee or the other males. The only saving grace to all of this... I thought I only had three fry left, but I actually found five while transferring them all. So now they're all stuck in a tank together and I worry about the structure of that tank as well. I see some cracking at the bottom... (This was an acrylic I've had since March). And on top of that... Bubble's new tank (15 gallon) is leaking too!!! AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this is a sign that I shouldn't have fish. :crp

It is most decidedly NOT a sign that you should not have fish. It is a sign that your tank supplier has a shipper that is not using proper care in the transportation of those tanks. There is no reason they should have these problems unless you have the sitting on unlevel surfaces (yours sound fine) or you have attempted to move or transport them yourself with water or heavy gravel in them (I am assuming you have not). :(

I am so sorry about the loss of your little Wiz..... :(

Edit: I think I would mention this to the tank supplier - for he should know that there is a problem in the shipment or manufactuer of the tanks! :angry:

Edited by daryl

Guest BubblesOwner

All three tanks did come crom the same store. I wonder if they were running their super sale on tanks for a reason. <_< I'm gonna go down this week and have a word with the manager, pointing out each of the tanks I bought.

Bubbles, a tank that new should most definetely not be leaking! So, if I were you, I would make some loud noice in that store and demand a replacement. I have had all my tanks for years and years now, moved at least 2 times with them, and none of them are leaking. I was especially worried about my 2 big tanks, the 125 and 160 gl, latter one I bought already used. So far, no troubles at all.

Having the tank2 weeks and its leaking is not your fault and should be replaced by the store.

I agree with ranchugirl. You should go to the store and make some fuss. Some tanks I know come with guarantees. Then you're all set. But it would be nice to know that someone made an effort so other people who buy from that store might not have the same problem.

Go get them!

Guest BubblesOwner

I went back tonight, with no receipt mind you, and gave them a piece of my mind. I got a full refund for the tank and the little temperature sticker. No refund on the loss of fish though. But I told them about the other problems with the other tanks I purchased there as well. <_<

THat is great news, Bubbles, although it doesn't damper the sadness of losing a fish because of it!..... :hug

Guest BubblesOwner

And I did so. I went to (not that it's any better) vvvv and bought a 10 gallon rectangular glass and a 2.5 gallon rectangular glass for a quarantine tank. ;) I hope none of these spring a leak. I'm done buying through the "other" supplier (Meijer).

should always test the tanks for 1-2 days ( I keep the tanks in my bathtub - just to make sure :ignore )

I also use a leveler just to make sure my surface is level and even. Dont want more pressure on one corner than the other. :exactly

Guest BubblesOwner

The thing is is that I've never ever had a tank leak on me before... And I've had numerous tanks. It's like all of a sudden, "We tanks hate you". Check out the leak from the 15 gallon acrylic... It shouldn't be leaking because they're suppose to be sealed.

leak1.jpg

leak2.jpg

leak3.jpg

leak4.jpg

leak5.jpg

leak6.jpg