Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

For Those Of You Asking About Colour Changes

This is what Chubby looked like when I got him.

Sorry I have to post these so small and in file format, it will not let me post my images anymore, why I can't figure out.

post-9-1093044368.jpg

Here is one more of the little guy.

I noticed a lot of people asking questions about colour changes while I was catching up on my reading last night, so I thought that I'd post these.

Jessica

post-9-1093044517.jpg

Thanks JessicaandMarshall! I have only had a few color changes in my fish and not very much change in color, but still chages.

That's so neat! I've never seen colour changes before! :lol:

Wow!! Chubby is cute. i love his color change :D . its wen actually changed color too!

tsk tsk tsk. i swear, it must be something in your water. good luck with him. hes definitely a cutie! :heart

:D he looks great! and it's so cool to see before and after

pictures.

My 7 inche common goldie, Mr. Orange used to be all black on his upper back. Now hes completly orange. it was weird watching the color change. It went from black and slowly faded upward. It was crazy. At first I thought something was wrong, but then I found out it is pretty normal. It took about 2 months and all his black was gone. Tha last bit was a small dot on his forhead, that eventually faded away.

that's a cute little eggy... :D

but i have not seen colour changes like that before?! cool to see it change from orange to white. :ignore

Guest AcidSquirrel

the only other color change ive seen is my GF Nemo going from Orange & Black to all orange

wow what a gorguse fish :heart . iv seen coler changes like that before i think my oranda will go though a big coler change as well . so im the next couple of months we will see if she will or not.

Are you feeding plenty of carotenes?

Here's my ryunkin Stripe back in May

FishStripe040509c.jpg

and again in July. You can see the new growth on his scales is white.

Stripe040711Lb.jpg

and now..in less than a month, Stripe is almost totally white cept for his fins

Stripe040815b.jpg

He still has some orange on his belly.

Stripe040815g.jpg

I've been feeding him mainly gel and fresh food, so I'm hoping that adding more carotenes to his diet will help as he was my only GOLD goldfish. *chuckle*

The food will brighten a colour, it's not going to cause an orange fish to turn white, that is genetics IMO.

I feed them a variety, but their staple diet is Hikari Lionhead. They also get Hikari Gold, Hikari flakes (very rare treat) peas, spinich, strawberry, orange, grape and cucumber etc. Brine shrimp and I would feed them blood worms but they don't really like them. :D

I am probably forgetting some stuff that I feed them. They are hogs.

Jessica

This is exactly what happened to my little Psa' Ri. She was bright red and white, and now she is perfectly white. Not a speck of red or orange on her anymore. Happened in a mattere of days..... Is it food? :blink:

Guest Joelio

I just heard it was a natural thing for goldfish to change color. Seems strange tho!

-Joel

yes it is perfectly normal if im not mistaken...If there isn't

the good amount of lighting aswell there colors could change when they grow they change colors....And i've also notice by takeing neglected goldfish and giveing them a good home they also seem to have nicer colors after that aswell...

The red and white fish, were probably all red at one point. The white is the colour change starting to take place.

I have found (this is not scientific, just what I have found) that red and white fish that I have had, always changed ALL red or ALL white, they never stay red and white for me, just like those orange and black fish loose their black :rolleyes:

Good thing white is my favorite fish colour.

Great pictures Data.

Jessica

I can really tell the difference :D

Wow SLS that is really neat!!! I did not know that fish change according to season, but that definately makes sense. And I can really see the difference. Too cool B)

Jessica